The EU paves the way.... The EU paves the way....
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 35
  1. #1

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    1,813

    Default The EU paves the way....

    ...for Spain to take over the island of Gibraltar

    Yesterday the EU parliament voted to recognise the Island of Gibraltar as a "Colony" of Britain. Despite its recognition as 100% part of the UK. This paves the way for Spain to take control of the Island and the vote by the EU parliament was warmly welcomed by the Spanish Government.

    Is this really way we want to stay in the EU to see the break up of the UK?

  2. #2

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    21,324

    Default

    Do you think that this would have happened if Brexit wasn't in process?
    Boomers tend to believe in “freedom of speech”, which is a fascist concept used to spread hateful ideas.Given that hate speech is not possible without free speech, any defence of free speech is a form of hate speech. - Titania McGrath

  3. #3

    Super poster

    Zigenare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    4,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    ...for Spain to take over the island of Gibraltar

    Yesterday the EU parliament voted to recognise the Island of Gibraltar as a "Colony" of Britain. Despite its recognition as 100% part of the UK. This paves the way for Spain to take control of the Island and the vote by the EU parliament was warmly welcomed by the Spanish Government.

    Is this really way we want to stay in the EU to see the break up of the UK?
    Gibraltar isn't an "Island".
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.

  4. #4

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    1,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zigenare View Post
    Gibraltar isn't an "Island".
    OK it's a Rock

  5. #5

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    1,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Do you think that this would have happened if Brexit wasn't in process?
    No I don't think it would. What we are seeing now is a move by the EU away from the liberalisation that the UK brought to the table. This was predicted by several documents available online with a google search "EU future after Brexit". Many of these were written just after the 2016 referendum by the Centre for European Reform, etc. and their predictions of the future direction of the EU post Brexit are starting to come true. one article "What Future for the EU after Brexit" by Paul De Grauwe states that the globalisation view of the EU is the root of its current problems in that its globalisation polices hurt the very people the EU was intended to protect, i.e. it favours the larger wealthier countries in the EU whilst its current financial restrictions punish the less wealthy counties in the EU.

    Post Brexit the EU will be driven to be of more federalist protectionist inward looking organisation. It's defence policy is likely to be driven by Germany, a country that is extremely unwilling to provide protection forces outside of the EU. The only country in the EU, post Brexit, with a permanent seat on the UN Security Council will be France.

    https://cer.eu/sites/default/files/p..._15april16.pdf

    https://www.ceps.eu/system/files/IEForum52016_1.pdf

  6. #6

    Super poster

    meridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    No I don't think it would. What we are seeing now is a move by the EU away from the liberalisation that the UK brought to the table. This was predicted by several documents available online with a google search "EU future after Brexit". Many of these were written just after the 2016 referendum by the Centre for European Reform, etc. and their predictions of the future direction of the EU post Brexit are starting to come true. one article "What Future for the EU after Brexit" by Paul De Grauwe states that the globalisation view of the EU is the root of its current problems in that its globalisation polices hurt the very people the EU was intended to protect, i.e. it favours the larger wealthier countries in the EU whilst its current financial restrictions punish the less wealthy counties in the EU.

    Post Brexit the EU will be driven to be of more federalist protectionist inward looking organisation. It's defence policy is likely to be driven by Germany, a country that is extremely unwilling to provide protection forces outside of the EU. The only country in the EU, post Brexit, with a permanent seat on the UN Security Council will be France.

    https://cer.eu/sites/default/files/p..._15april16.pdf

    https://www.ceps.eu/system/files/IEForum52016_1.pdf
    What you are seeing is a block of countries looking after their own interests, just as Britain alone will look after its own interests.

    With the two protagonists no longer in the same block, the EU will promote the interests of the one that still is.

    Not that difficult to understand.

    By the way, what’s with posting an OP without any link to a source? If you can get rock/island so wrong, who’s to say you aren’t just making the rest up as well?

  7. #7

    Super poster

    meridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    ...for Spain to take over the island of Gibraltar

    Yesterday the EU parliament voted to recognise the Island of Gibraltar as a "Colony" of Britain. Despite its recognition as 100% part of the UK. This paves the way for Spain to take control of the Island and the vote by the EU parliament was warmly welcomed by the Spanish Government.

    Is this really way we want to stay in the EU to see the break up of the UK?
    So, let’s see how much you can get wrong in a single post.

    Island? Nope. Rock.

    EU Parliament? Nope. Committee.

    Voted to recognise the island? Nope. Rock.

    Voted to recognise as a colony? Nope. Just a footnote to a draft law and makes no legal difference.

    100% part of UK? Debatable. And by that I don’t mean their right to be considered part of the U.K., but the “100%” is debatable, they have no representation in Westminster.

    Paves the way? Nope. Draft law only.

    Stay in the EU to see the breakup of the UK? Nope, the draft law is only relevant in the case of No Deal.


    EU draft law says Gibraltar is a British 'colony' | Euronews

  8. #8

    Contractor Among Contractors


    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Omnipresent
    Posts
    1,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    So, let’s see how much you can get wrong in a single post.

    Island? Nope. Rock.

    EU Parliament? Nope. Committee.

    Voted to recognise the island? Nope. Rock.

    Voted to recognise as a colony? Nope. Just a footnote to a draft law and makes no legal difference.

    100% part of UK? Debatable. And by that I don’t mean their right to be considered part of the U.K., but the “100%” is debatable, they have no representation in Westminster.

    Paves the way? Nope. Draft law only.

    Stay in the EU to see the breakup of the UK? Nope, the draft law is only relevant in the case of No Deal.


    EU draft law says Gibraltar is a British 'colony' | Euronews

    Draft laws have an uncanny habit of becoming law. So you believe that this is a good positive thing that the EU proposes the break up of the UK.

  9. #9

    Godlike

    BR14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Under your kitchen sink
    Posts
    8,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    If you can get rock/island so wrong, who’s to say you aren’t just making the rest up as well?
    maybe it's a line?

    YouTube


    just saying like
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

  10. #10

    Super poster

    meridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    Draft laws have an uncanny habit of becoming law. So you believe that this is a good positive thing that the EU proposes the break up of the UK.
    Given the lies in your first post, I don’t think you’re in any position to make a statement that the draft law “proposes the break up of the UK “

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •