• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The EU does not want Brexit it needs our big contribution of money

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The EU does not want Brexit it needs our big contribution of money

We are one of the five biggest contributors of annual, ever rising, annual payments being made to the EU money pit.

If we leave the EU the rest of the members of the EU will have to make up the huge deficit that we will make when we leave, after of course, when our final divorce contributions run out.

This must and no doubt, be a major concern to the EU, so in their own interest they must try every means possible to find any legitimate way not to negotiate any possible agreement for Britain to leave.

With so much uncertainty in Parliament and the general public they are doing an absolutely excellent job.

Vincent

Originally posted by vinread View Post
    We are one of the five biggest contributors of annual, ever rising, annual payments being made to the EU money pit.

If we leave the EU the rest of the members of the EU will have to make up the huge deficit that we will make when we leave, after of course, when our final divorce contributions run out.

This must and no doubt, be a major concern to the EU, so in their own interest they must try every means possible to find any legitimate way not to negotiate any possible agreement for Britain to leave.

With so much uncertainty in Parliament and the general public they are doing an absolutely excellent job.

Vincent
    The EU have negotiated an agreement with representatives of HMG. They’re not blocking anything, and have no means of stopping the U.K. from leaving.

Why does this still need explaining?

Comment

"Our money"

How I laugh every time this comes up. The UK has no money. If it did, its debts would not be over £2 trillion. Printing money causes the worthless paper it's printed on to become of less value than it was worth the day before. Most of the UK money comes from foreign investors. Every time I hear 'Our money', the Express or Daily wail, it cracks me up.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Vincent
        Yep, they are doing an excellent job. Making the hard border in Ireland a major issue and generally insulting anything British.

It's the last desperate throws of an organisation doomed to failure. Part of me wishes the UK could sacrifice more time and money to help lead it out if it's misery.

Comment

Vincent
          Weyhey, another uninformed idiot has joined the forum and their very first post is this. The level of English in the post is low, so I call a foreign troll Even our thick CUK contractor brexiters can string a sentence together better than this
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            Weyhey, another uninformed idiot has joined the forum and their very first post is this. The level of English in the post is low, so I call a foreign troll Even our thick CUK contractor brexiters can string a sentence together better than this
            If you can't address the argument attack the grammar. That's low even for the shrunken remainers dwarfs on CUK.

Comment

Vincent
              Hey Vincent did you specially create an account to post this?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                Yep, they are doing an excellent job. Making the hard border in Ireland a major issue and generally insulting anything British.

It's the last desperate throws of an organisation doomed to failure. Part of me wishes the UK could sacrifice more time and money to help lead it out if it's misery.
                The Hard Border in Ireland is an issue for the ROI and they are being supported by the EU. The DUP will also not countenance a hard border in Ireland so they are not supporting the government.

I've not seen any particular insults being thrown at the British, other than the entirely to be expected piss taking at the general uselessness of our Government. Plenty of ,people on this side of the channel are doing the same. Brexiteers on the other hand seem to have a bottomless well of insults and allegations to throw at the EU.

If you can't address the argument attack the grammar. That's low even for the shrunken remainers dwarfs on CUK.
                It would be easier to address if there was an actual argument there.

The EU negotiated a deal with HMG in good faith and have stuck to it.

HMG are incapable of getting anyone else to agree with it, including a good chunk of their own MP's.

The UK can leave at any point with no deal in place, the EU can't stop that.

How exactly are the EU preventing the UK from leaving?
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

You really need me to pull the argument apart? I say 'argument' ..... same old rubbish claiming the EU are stopping us from leaving The only people stopping us from leaving are the brexit and DUP MPs in our parliament I think the ERG MPs are scared to leave the EU as they've have no one to blame for the sh1tstorm they've created
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    Hey Vincent did you specially create an account to post this?
                    I wonder the same thing every time I see another "contribution" from you.

Comment

Working...
                    X