• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leave majority has died out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Your example is rubbish as you didn't commit to 5 years of contributions when you signed up whereas the UK did in the last budget round
    And yet you haven't grasped the core concept from my example. If we can't leave (reasons are not relevant, whether it will make us poorer, start ww3 etc) = we have no power in this organisation. Because they know that we can't leave and they can do whatever the hell they want. The point of a union is that everybody has a say. You, as well as the other braindead remainers are proving that we have no say by shouting that the economy will crash, the sun will explode etc if we leave EU.

Comment

Originally posted by cannon999 View Post
      And yet you haven't grasped the core concept from my example. If we can't leave (reasons are not relevant, whether it will make us poorer, start ww3 etc) = we have no power in this organisation. Because they know that we can't leave and they can do whatever the hell they want. The point of a union is that everybody has a say. You, as well as the other braindead remainers are proving that we have no say by shouting that the economy will crash, the sun will explode etc if we leave EU.
      A union where everyone has a say like have the right to veto or being proportionally represented in a parliament for example? (EU)
      Or a union where only one country has a say and the three other constituents have to shut up (UK)?

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        A union where everyone has a say like have the right to veto or being proportionally represented in a parliament for example? (EU)
        Or a union where only one country has a say and the three other constituents have to shut up (UK)?
        I have no problem with Scotland, Wales or N. Ireland voting themselves out of the UK if they wished to do so. Everybody can be free from unions if they choose to be. The scottish can be the first to go, I'm tired of seeing the face of Nicola Sturgeon

Comment

Dim doesn't go far enough to explain your level of intelligence.

How about this for an example .... you sign up to a Sky TV contract for 2 years at £65 per month. After 12 months you decide that you don't watch that much TV anymore and you no longer want to be a member. You want to leave and break the contract. SKY say, that's OK, but the cost is 12 months x £65 as that's what you signed up to pay. You complain it's not fair wah wah wah as you don't want to have Sky anymore. They say, again, you can leave whenever you like but you have to pay for what you committed to paying when you signed up. It's called a 'contract' and you signed it freely.

This is closer to our membership with the EU. We committed to being members and signed an international treaty to pay x to cover certain projects and work that we have benefited from. We can leave at any time, but we have a legal requirement under law to pay what we owe.

Failure to honour our debt isn't going to look good on the international stage when we try to negotiate free trade deals with other nations now is it

Go on fella, have another go.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            We can leave at any time, but we have a legal requirement under law to pay what we owe.
            And I said that we shouldn't have to pay anything... where exactly? You seem to struggle with reading.

Comment

And yet you haven't grasped the core concept from my example. If we can't leave (reasons are not relevant, whether it will make us poorer, start ww3 etc) = we have no power in this organisation. Because they know that we can't leave
              Who says we can’t leave? It’s dead simple to leave, in fact. If the entire continent went on holiday for a week then we’ve left on 12 April. No further action required.

So, according to your logic, if we can leave then we do have power?

Comment

And I said that we shouldn't have to pay anything... where exactly? You seem to struggle with reading.
                Just because YOU say we shouldn't have to pay, doesn't mean we don't have to pay FFS We have legally committed to these deals, we are liable to pay for what we have signed up for. Whether you like it or not is irrelevant
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                  That's Bobist. Just saying
                  Apparently according to a certain MOD on here NAT the above post is racist. If this is a racist term then by the same use of rules the word Gammon is racist and its use should be given a ban.

There is not universally accepted dictionary definition of the word as a racist term. There is nowhere on this forum where there is a list of words that are not acceptable to use. It seems that there is a certain MOD, NAT, who seems to think that rules can be made up without publishing them.

Calling someone Gammon is hate speech
                  Gammon: Why is this insulting term being used? | British GQ

It's good to see that the MODS on here, in particular NAT support the use of HATE SPEECH.

Comment

Apparently according to a certain MOD on here NAT the above post is racist. If this is a racist term then by the same use of rules the word Gammon is racist and its use should be given a ban.

There is not universally accepted dictionary definition of the word as a racist term. There is nowhere on this forum where there is a list of words that are not acceptable to use. It seems that there is a certain MOD, NAT, who seems to think that rules can be made up without publishing them.

It's good to see that the MODS on here, in particular NAT support the use of HATE SPEECH.
                    Occasionally, you can be a nice person to talk to.

Occasionally, you can be a wee angry man that has no problem using insults like “snowflake” if you’re not getting your way, but can’t take an insult back.

Perhaps get a grip?

Comment

Gammon is not a racist term, snowflake.

Comment

Working...
                      X