• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Zero chance of a sensible Brexit amidst the pandemonium and hysteria at Westminster

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Better than the banter falling out of yours. Honestly you put more people to sleep than the general manager of Dignitas.
    Classic. And I bet you googled for that too, being devoid of the intellect to construct your own input.

You are to be commended, in an age when stupidity is commonplace, you continue to win Blue Riband Awards.

You remain the man that put the count in country bumpkin.

Now get your nose back up darmy's arse or you'll miss eirikur's next offering.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Yes, the torrent of dribble oozing from your slack jaw is always a potent indicator of your having reached that heady state.

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        That is probably the only time you have made sense on here.

But well done on your candor.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          That is probably the only time you have made sense on here.

But well done on your candor.

Happy that you've at long last accepted the truth about yourself, something that most people have known about you for a long time. Now that you know, maybe, just maybe you could improve although I suspect, like Brexit, that it's going to be a long and hard task. Your first step is to throw away your 'bible'

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Sorry, this is just a Brexiter realising that he, and millions of other Brexiters, ****ed up and now wants to say sorry. Basically this is a lifelong Tory just grovelling before the tulip hits the fan and wants to get out of the firing line, if he's so damn clever he would have realised this in the first place, I have no sympathy. Get your excuses in early...although he still wants Brexit
            What? So no one is allowed to change their mind? Then why have a second referendum?

He still wants Brexit.. fair enough if you consider that Leavers didn't think even in their worst nightmares that politicians could mess it up this badly. But they have. So a tactical retreat is really the only logical position.

Remainers will of course say that Leavers are simply stupid and should have known this all along, just as you have. True or not, that's boring and irrelevant now.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              What? So no one is allowed to change their mind? Then why have a second referendum?

He still wants Brexit.. fair enough if you consider that Leavers didn't think even in their worst nightmares that politicians could mess it up this badly. But they have. So a tactical retreat is really the only logical position.

Remainers will of course say that Leavers are simply stupid and should have known this all along, just as you have. True or not, that's boring and irrelevant now.
              I don't believe that there should be a second referendum, in fact I believe that the UK should have left the EU the day that Parliament voted to leave the EU which is basically what was on the ballot paper.

Is a tactical retreat a polite way of saying 'I surrender'?

Comment

Is a tactical retreat a polite way of saying 'I surrender'?
                Not in the first instance, no but let's keep all options on the table

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post

Why is your narrative always "MPs messed this up", like Brexit was always going to be as easy as Gove, Bojo et al lied it was going to be. Why not wake up and smell the coffee - Brexit was always going to be hard, and a mess, and what we're seeing now is not MPs "messing it up" but MPs trying to deliver the impossible unicorns that Leave.EU promised.

Once you understand and accept this you may be less angry and start to comprehend what you was being told all along.

Maybe take this through the rest of your life; just because someone tells you something is easy, it doesn't always mean it will be. So, when your wife tells you it's easy to jump out of a plane without a parachute and land safely, be warned, she may not be telling the truth
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    So, when your wife tells you it's easy to jump out of a plane without a parachute and land safely, be warned, she may not be telling the truth
                    I am trying to remember which of my ex-wives wanted that.

I always thought it was no-deal or stay. And realistically it is now. But can we just have a decision either way.....

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      Why is your narrative always "MPs messed this up",
                      Because to anyone impartial with an ounce of wit, that is quite clearly the case.

Sadly, from the very outset, a large tranche of self-serving Remainer MPs have done everything they possibly could to derail and undermine any attempt at proper robust negotiation.

Having sensed the fear and cowardice simply oozing from the pores of the millions of petulant churlish remoaners, and with the sterling work done by fifth columnists like Bliar, Mandelson, and Kinnock etc., they have emboldened the EU negotiators every step of the way.

It is a little sad to see how spineless and rudderless our Parliament actually is.
                      That being the case, it almost seems pointless continuing with this clusterf*ck.

Perhaps we should just accept that our Parliamentarians are too incompetent and/or self-centred to ever deliver what the people asked of them, and bin the whole thing before we become any more of a worldwide joke?

Comment

Working...
                      X