£1.5bn down the drain thanks to Brexiters £1.5bn down the drain thanks to Brexiters
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 24

Godlike

Default £1.5bn down the drain thanks to Brexiters

UK stands down 6,000 no-deal Brexit staff - after spending £1.5bn, so stick that up your leave bus exhaust.

UK stands down 6,000 no-deal Brexit staff - after spending GBP1.5bn | Politics | The Guardian

There should be a special tax for those who voted Brexit
    Something I’m getting really fed up hearing about is ‘delivering’ Brexit. It is no such thing. When I receive something from Amazon I get it delivered to my door. When I give up something, like my domestic waste, freedom of movement, or membership of the world’s largest trading bloc, someone takes it away. They don’t deliver anything.
    blipvert the guardian

I Am Legend

The issue is anyone who voted Tory or Labour - special tax for them.

Though I am in favour of a big tax on anyone who voted for WTFH at the last mod election. He uses the income from his post to buy ammo to shoot cyclists......

Richer than sasguru

Better to spend £1.5bn on UK staff living and working in the UK, than to chuck £1.5bn to Brussels so that it can be spent on some vanity projects that have zero benefits to the UK.
    I was miserable and depressed, but CUK turned it all around. Now I'm depressed and miserable.

I Am Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Better to spend £1.5bn on UK staff living and working in the UK, than to chuck £1.5bn to Brussels so that it can be spent on some vanity projects that have zero benefits to the UK.
    £1.5bn hardly covers Barniers bar bill....

Should post faster

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    UK stands down 6,000 no-deal Brexit staff - after spending £1.5bn, so stick that up your leave bus exhaust.

UK stands down 6,000 no-deal Brexit staff - after spending GBP1.5bn | Politics | The Guardian

There should be a special tax for those who voted Brexit
    Yes thank you remoaners and pathetic politicos for petulantly buggering up the Brexit and generating such wasted expense

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by tazdevil View Post
    Yes thank you remoaners and pathetic politicos for petulantly buggering up the Brexit and generating such wasted expense
    This, and if May had followed through on her promises of leaving on the 29th March it would have been money well spent, but unfortunately Yvette Fielding ensured that it was a waste of money. So perhaps the cost should be deducted from her, and those that voted in the law, MPs salaries.

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by tazdevil View Post
    Lol, always someone else’s fault with Brexiters...

It’s for No Deal preparation. This is the initial cost of leaving with No Deal. Remind us who wanted No Deal?

More fingers than teeth

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

A continuing astonishing shameful waste of money.

Why aren't quitlings raging with the amount of their money the government is flushing down the loo?
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    A continuing astonishing shameful waste of money.

Why aren't quitlings raging with the amount of their money the government is flushing down the loo?
    Because until Yvette Fielding, and her cronies, prevented the UK from exiting with No Deal it wasn't a waste of money. Now only the EU can grant the UK a No Deal exit.

The EU holds all the cards, and several spare aces!

Should post faster

Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    Lol, always someone else’s fault with Brexiters...

It’s for No Deal preparation. This is the initial cost of leaving with No Deal. Remind us who wanted No Deal?
    Nobody wants a no deal but that's the default if a mutually beneficial deal can't be negotiated and as the EU don't want any deal other than the one which keeps the UK beholden to the EU then no deal is probably the outcome.

I'm still amazed that so many people want to rush headlong into the great EU dictatorship of the future and take up where the USSR left off. I remember not so many years ago people violently demonstrating against globalisation but now those same people appear to be in love with the idea but on a European scale and wantonly willing to give more power to a diminishing elite. Exactly who are the 's in this situation comrade?