• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will Italy destroy the EU before we even get to a Brexit?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that I will still be alright as we still have the Benelux union.Not quite sure what role this union plays today.
    Maybe a future Benelux Franc.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
      I think that I will still be alright as we still have the Benelux union.Not quite sure what role this union plays today.
      Maybe a future Benelux Franc.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
      whit colour's the sky on your planet?

sent from my arse by bean power

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        The Euro is imminently about to break up.
        I was advised some time ago to consider what changes might be necessary in my area, if Italy returned to using the Lire. So somebody somewhere must have felt there was a chance of it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Brussels Slumdog View Post
          I believe they still get first dibs at drafting any Unconditional Surrender Policies. It is a legacy thing.

They had to battle to pinch this prerogative from the French mind you, so fair play.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Italy is in great shape.
            Still shaped like a boot on my map.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Still shaped like a boot on my map.
              with England's man riding the Welsh pig followed by Ireland's dog.

Comment

Originally posted by JohntheBike View Post
                I was advised some time ago to consider what changes might be necessary in my area, if Italy returned to using the Lire. So somebody somewhere must have felt there was a chance of it happening.
                Indeed accountants have their finger on the pulse.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  Can you, or another brexiter, explain why you want the EU to fail? We're leaving so why should we want them to fail? Why are brexiters such dicks that they get pleasure out of the suffering of others?

As humans, can we not all look for others to do well? Can we not all be pleased when others are happy, or do you only have happiness when others are suffering?

p.s. The EU won't fail.
                  Of course the EU will fail. Look at the Roman Empire, the Hanseatic League etc. Nothing lasts forever. In terms of European institutions, the Church, the nation state and the old universities are doing well but they will all ultimately fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Of course the EU will fail. Look at the Roman Empire, the Hanseatic League etc. Nothing lasts forever. In terms of European institutions, the Church, the nation state and the old universities are doing well but they will all ultimately fail.
                    I agree all empires will eventually fail but the EU is not, contrary to brexidiots assertions, and empire. As for the Hanseatic league, it survived (depending on when you argue it was formed) 3-400+ years. The EU is merely 50+ years old .... it's a mere baby It may fail at some stage, but not in our lifetime
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      I agree all empires will eventually fail but the EU is not, contrary to brexidiots assertions, and empire. As for the Hanseatic league, it survived (depending on when you argue it was formed) 3-400+ years. The EU is merely 50+ years old .... it's a mere baby It may fail at some stage, but not in our lifetime
                      And the League of Nations was short lived. There is no point trying to predict this kind of thing, especially if the basis of the prediction is what one hopes for.

Comment

Working...
                      X