• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good to see the Left Wing of Politics in action...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    A climate change expert on LBC seems to be kicking the can down the road. He says we have 10 or maybe 20 years to save the climate. So if in 10 years the climate hasn't reached the expected tipping point, there will still be another 10 years to save the planet.
    What that movement really needs is for some virtue-signalling celebrity to jet halfway round the planet to get their sanctimonious fizzer into the media. Step forward Emma Thompson.

Her viewing figures must have slumped.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      You forget one thing, the extreme left, the anti globalists want brexit to happen (Corbyn, Abbott, McDonell et al) just like the extreme right

Centre left, centre and centre right all want to remain
      Some good news M&S stores sell out of mojito cans days after Diane Abbott photographed drinking one on tube | The Independent

I don't like Diane Abbott. But I thought the hounding of someone breaking the letter(rather than the spirit(pun intended)) of the law was a bit much.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Some good news M&S stores sell out of mojito cans days after Diane Abbott photographed drinking one on tube | The Independent

I don't like Diane Abbott. But I thought the hounding of someone breaking the letter(rather than the spirit(pun intended)) of the law was a bit much.
          I have to agree with this - we all slate the woman but if she wants to have 1 (small can) of G&T mojito on the way home after what is probably quite a taxing days work she should be able to.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            I have to agree with this - we all slate the woman but if she wants to have 1 (small can) of G&T mojito on the way home after what is probably quite a taxing days work she should be able to.
            Quite.

The ones we should be slating are the ones drinking all afternoon in the taxpayer-subsidised bar and then getting a taxpayer-paid for taxi home, rather than the one having a can of drink on the Overground.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Even if there are rules against the consumption of alcohol on TfL that us lesser mortals must adhere to?
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                Even if there are rules against the consumption of alcohol on TfL that us lesser mortals must adhere to?
                Agreed. She should have the decency so decant the booze into a different vessel like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                  And what are the rules on the Overground?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                    And what are the rules on the Overground?
                    The same I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      The same I believe.
                      Just looked them up, looks like they are.

Comment

Working...
                      X