• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Deregulation, a main reason for Brexit?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    That would be the EU that includes the UK.

The EU that is about to reduce antibiotic use, while the UK says it will not.

(repeating myself and several of the links, since you're not interested)
    Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    and what exactly are ionophores if not anibiotics that do not require a veterinary prescription to administer. The EU is doing nothing about the use of ionophores.
    What do you two think you're going to resolve? How's this argument going to end?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Let's go back to your first post:
      If leaving the EU gets enables us to stop feeding the chickens we eat antibiotics (banned in America incidentally) then that can only be a good thing.
      1. The EU does not prevent the UK from banning the use of all antibiotics.
      2. The EU is bringing in a ban on antibiotics - but at least one product - ionophores - will still be allowed. Therefore the EU ban is not 100% all antibiotics.
      3. The UK is not going to implement the EU ban mentioned in point 2.
      4. The US does not have a ban on all antibiotics, quite the opposite. Chickopedia: What Consumers Need to Know
      5. The US does not have a ban on ionophores: https://thepoultrysite.com/news/2015...why-it-matters
      Use of Ionophores in Poultry Production - eXtension
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Where's Peter Snow when you need him?

We need a swing-o-meter!
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

4. The US does not have a ban on all antibiotics, quite the opposite. Chickopedia: What Consumers Need to Know
          I particularly like this statement from the above link

"Even if a chicken is given antibiotics in the course of its life to treat or prevent disease, the bird must go through a withdrawal time before leaving the farm"

The chickens have to go 'Cold Turkey' before leaving the farm to ensure they are antibiotic free.

Comment

I particularly like this statement from the above link

"Even if a chicken is given antibiotics in the course of its life to treat or prevent disease, the bird must go through a withdrawal time before leaving the farm"

The chickens have to go 'Cold Turkey' before leaving the farm to ensure they are antibiotic free.
            Do they live long enough for that process to be effective?

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              Do they live long enough for that process to be effective?
              You know what. I don't care. Just the thought of a chicken going 'Cold Turkey' amuses me. Possibly you need to keep chickens to find that one amusing

Comment

You know what. I don't care. Just the thought of a chicken going 'Cold Turkey' amuses me. Possibly you need to keep chickens to find that one amusing
                It was amusing but considering the lifecycle of your average "Born to be eaten" supermarket chicken - the one I would suggest that would most likely be subject to this regime - they don't live very long in the first place.

Comment

You know what. I don't care.
                  If you don't care about the antibiotics that the US puts into its poultry, then why are you claiming they have banned them?

Possibly you need to keep chickens to find that one amusing
                  What I find amusing is when they peck my trousers, or when Ruby (one of the 4 new ones we rehomed last week) purrs after laying.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

If you don't care about the antibiotics that the US puts into its poultry, then why are you claiming they have banned them?

What I find amusing is when they peck my trousers, or when Ruby (one of the 4 new ones we rehomed last week) purrs after laying.
                    That's chicken for "Ow, my arse!".

Chicken Joke - Why are eggs shaped the way they are?

So the chicken's arse doesn't slam shut with a bang!

Comment

If leaving the EU gets enables us to stop feeding the chickens we eat antibiotics (banned in America incidentally) then that can only be a good thing.
                      I am guessing you actually believe the rubbish you post.

What 'No Antibiotics' Claims Really Mean - Consumer Reports

Comment

Working...
                      X