• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Deregulation, a main reason for Brexit?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    US has a ban on the use of ionophores as an animal feed additive.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
    That is not what you posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      That is not what you posted.
      Ionophores are antibiotics just not controlled, I.e. require veterinary authorised administration

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        No it doesn't. I've provided several links so far,
        Here's another one that says it doesn't:
        FDA Guidance 209, 213 and VFD Educational Material - Animal Health Institute

Please provide a link that says that the US has a ban on the use of ionophores.
        And is that the latest advice. It is quite old. I've found reports as recent as March 2018 which indicate things may have moved on.

Comment

What's really sad on here is the blinkered approach by certain individuals who see everything the EU does or regulates for as being the perfect solution and are unable to open their minds to the possibility that their perfect EU world might no be so perfect after all, particularly when someone challenges their beliefs.

Comment

And is that the latest advice. It is quite old. I've found reports as recent as March 2018 which indicate things may have moved on.

Please share one of these reports where it states that the US has a ban on all antibiotics for poultry, or where it specifies that ionophores are banned for poultry.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

What's really sad on here is the blinkered approach by certain individuals who see everything the EU does or regulates for as being the perfect solution and are unable to open their minds to the possibility that their perfect EU world might no be so perfect after all, particularly when someone challenges their beliefs.

No, Most of us do not think that the EU is perfect. But many of us are open minded enough to question things and try to fin out the truth, not just repeat lies.

Comment

No, Most of us do not think that the EU is perfect. But many of us are open minded enough to question things and try to fin out the truth, not just repeat lies.
                Pot & kettle springs to mind

Comment

Pot & kettle springs to mind

I've provided links. You've yet to provide one.

Here's another link (11th April 2019):
                  https://www.ams.usda.gov/sites/defau...ListingPVP.pdf

And here are three of the criteria:
                  • Certified Responsible Antibiotic Use (CRAU) Antibiotic use conforms to the requirements of the ARAC School Food Focus Standard for Certified
                    Responsible Use of Antibiotics in Poultry (https://certifiedresponsibleantibioticuse.org/). Conformance to the program is verified annually via third-party audits
                    provided by USDA-AMS (www.ams.usda.gov/services/auditing/crau).
                  • No Antibiotics Important to Human Health (NAIHH) No antibiotics currently on the World Health Organization (WHO) list of antibiotics deemed to be
                    critically important to human medicine will be applied or fed to eggs or live birds. World Health Organization (2016). Critically Important Antimicrobials for
                    Human Medicine (www.who.int/foodsafety/areas_work/antimicrobial-resistance/cia/en/). Certified by conformance to CRAU.
                  • No Antibiotics Important to Human Medicine (NAIHM) No antibiotics currently on the World Health Organization (WHO) list of antibiotics deemed to be
                    critically important to human medicine will be applied or fed to eggs or live birds. World Health Organization (2016). Critically Important Antimicrobials for
                    Human Medicine (www.who.int/foodsafety/areas_work/antimicrobial-resistance/cia/en/). Certified by conformance to CRAU.

Comment

I've provided links. You've yet to provide one.

Here's another link (11th April 2019):
                    https://www.ams.usda.gov/sites/defau...ListingPVP.pdf

And here are three of the criteria:
                    • Certified Responsible Antibiotic Use (CRAU) Antibiotic use conforms to the requirements of the ARAC School Food Focus Standard for Certified
                      Responsible Use of Antibiotics in Poultry (https://certifiedresponsibleantibioticuse.org/). Conformance to the program is verified annually via third-party audits
                      provided by USDA-AMS (www.ams.usda.gov/services/auditing/crau).
                    • No Antibiotics Important to Human Health (NAIHH) No antibiotics currently on the World Health Organization (WHO) list of antibiotics deemed to be
                    • No Antibiotics Important to Human Medicine (NAIHM) No antibiotics currently on the World Health Organization (WHO) list of antibiotics deemed to be

As I said blind as a bat

Comment

As I said blind as a bat

Link to your sources.

Comment

Working...
                      X