• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Deregulation, a main reason for Brexit?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fact is thousands of people are hospitalised in the US because of salmonella. The fact that the chickens are soaked in chlorine is just one symptom of a much deeper problem.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Fortunately US Congress will probably veto a US-UK trade deal, and we can continue to eat non-contaminated chickens.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
        From the first page in the first link you quoted

"Estimates suggest that in Europe two thirds of our antibiotics are used on livestock animals."

Also from your link. The EU banning the use of antibiotoics in the rearing of livestock,....... but not really
        "Preventative antibiotic treatments for individual animals will still be permitted in exceptional circumstances where the risk of disease is high. Group treatments will also be allowed if disease has been diagnosed in some of the animals and there is a high risk it will spread to others, and no alternative treatments are available."

Another link for you from March 2019

Tonnes of antibiotics still used in UK chicken farms raising fears over drug resistant diseases, investigation finds | The Independent

"Tonnes of antibiotics are still being used in UK poultry farming amid growing fears over the spread of drug resistant diseases, an investigation suggests."

"Ionophores are used to prevent the intestinal disease coccidiosis which affects chickens when they ingest chicken droppings."

Ionophores, antibiotics by another name, are legal to use throughout the EU , but banned by America for use in animal rearing
        Do you need to get Bean in to help by changing the argument?

You claimed that "If leaving the EU gets enables us to stop feeding the chickens we eat antibiotics (banned in America incidentally) then that can only be a good thing."
        The links show you that the EU is banning the general use of antibiotics, so that rather than feeding poultry antibiotics no matter what, they would only be fed it where there is a specific health reason for the bird.

The links also show that the UK is not wanting to follow the EU in its ban of general feeding.

Do you understand why your abject refusal to accept the truth makes it appear like you're not interested in anything that questions your blind faith.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          The fact is thousands of people are hospitalised in the US because of salmonella. The fact that the chickens are soaked in chlorine is just one symptom of a much deeper problem.

I have just come back from 'Murica

Nobody died from eating chlorinated chickens - and I have to assume the chicken nuggets from McD's are made from that?

Who would have thought.

Had a lovely chunk of prime rib too....

om nom nom.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

You claimed that "If leaving the EU gets enables us to stop feeding the chickens we eat antibiotics (banned in America incidentally) then that can only be a good thing."
            The links show you that the EU is banning the general use of antibiotics, so that rather than feeding poultry antibiotics no matter what, they would only be fed it where there is a specific health reason for the bird.

The links also show that the UK is not wanting to follow the EU in its ban of general feeding.

Do you understand why your abject refusal to accept the truth makes it appear like you're not interested in anything that questions your blind faith.
            PoultryWorld - Coccidiostats: Antibiotic or feed additive?

"Broiler farmers in the European Union make extensive use of these ionophore coccidiostats in poultry feed these days"

"European Union classifies ionophore coccidiostats as feed additives. For years, this has been the subject of a recurring intense debate. Some parties think it is better to label coccidiostats as antibiotics, while others think they should remain available as feed additives."

Just because you flatly refuse to classify ionophores as antibiotics doesn't mean that you are not using antibiotics in animal feed.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

The links show you that the EU is banning the general use of antibiotics, so that rather than feeding poultry antibiotics no matter what, they would only be fed it where there is a specific health reason for the bird(s).

ftfy

Also, given, you whinged in another thread that;
              Originally posted by WTFH
              This conversation wasn't involving you.
              Is this (bolded part) you trying to involve me in this conversation, or is it you just acting like a petulant child that has been rebuked (in other threads)?
              Originally posted by Old Greg
              I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
              ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

PoultryWorld - Coccidiostats: Antibiotic or feed additive?

"Broiler farmers in the European Union make extensive use of these ionophore coccidiostats in poultry feed these days"

"European Union classifies ionophore coccidiostats as feed additives. For years, this has been the subject of a recurring intense debate. Some parties think it is better to label coccidiostats as antibiotics, while others think they should remain available as feed additives."

Just because you flatly refuse to classify ionophores as antibiotics doesn't mean that you are not using antibiotics in animal feed.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app
                And just because the UK uses them and has stated they will continue to use them along with the other antibiotics - that has nothing to do with the EU. The UK has made that decision.

As for the EU being evil with antibiotics and the US having a complete ban on them (or whatever your twaddle was)...
                What 'No Antibiotics' Claims Really Mean - Consumer Reports

Comment

And just because the UK uses them and has stated they will continue to use them along with the other antibiotics - that has nothing to do with the EU. The UK has made that decision.

As for the EU being evil with antibiotics and the US having a complete ban on them (or whatever your twaddle was)...
                  What 'No Antibiotics' Claims Really Mean - Consumer Reports
                  Put quote from my previous post in bold as you clearly didn't read it first time

Comment

Put quote from my previous post in bold as you clearly didn't read it first time

That would be the EU that includes the UK.

The EU that is about to reduce antibiotic use, while the UK says it will not.

(repeating myself and several of the links, since you're not interested)

Comment

That would be the EU that includes the UK.

The EU that is about to reduce antibiotic use, while the UK says it will not.

(repeating myself and several of the links, since you're not interested)
                      and what exactly are ionophores if not anibiotics that do not require a veterinary prescription to administer. The EU is doing nothing about the use of ionophores.

Comment

Working...
                      X