• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The economy is doing well

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Yeah that's bollox mate.

We haven't had brexit yet. We've lost inward investment, jobs have moved abroad and UK companies have wasted a lot of money planning for the unknown, but as yet we're still in the EU. Maybe this is why the economy is still holding up We'll only really know the true impact of brexit once we leave, although the signs are not good hence why even those who promote brexit are too scared to pull the trigger
    Would you like to expand on which parts exactly you think are bollox?

We haven't had brexit yet.
    - This is true

We've lost inward investment
    - this is true

jobs have moved abroad
    - this is true

UK companies have wasted a lot of money planning for the unknown
    - this is true

as yet we're still in the EU
    - this is true

Maybe this is why the economy is still holding up
    - ok, this is my take on it. It's neither true or false, it's just an opinion.

We'll only really know the true impact of brexit once we leave
    - this is true

although the signs are not good
    - this is true i.e. jobs going abroad, lost inward investment, companies wasting money to plan for what exactly

hence why even those who promote brexit are too scared to pull the trigger
    - this is true. The brexiter MPs have it in their power to vote May's WA through. This will ensure we leave the EU. This could have happened last month. They didn't pull the trigger. Why do you think this is exactly? Is it the fallacy around the backstop, or do you think it's because they never expected to win and don't really want brexit, or at least they don't want to be associated with the sh1tstorm

There you go. Clearly not bollox as most of what I said is 100% factually correct.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      That's where you are wrong

You have a large bunch of nuggets living off daddies income and lording it over other people at the new labour cheese n wine evening.

The old labour supporters realising they need to fit into the new labour movement suddenly realise that they are not being properly recognised by Cressida and Tarquin and this has led them to not be invited to the vegan BBQ - obviously the new labourites are most upset by this social slight and so start to try to social climb

and then get into debt.

Hope this helps clarify the situation

Not a situation I recognise. Must be a southerner thing.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Not a situation I recognise. Must be a southerner thing.
        Not surprised that you don't understand, you're a foreigner.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Scot's have always been seen that way. The north is far away.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
          X