New rules to stop ‘predators’ from tricking vulnerable into marriage delayed by Brex New rules to stop ‘predators’ from tricking vulnerable into marriage delayed by Brex
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    53,368

    Default New rules to stop ‘predators’ from tricking vulnerable into marriage delayed by Brex

    Vulnerable people and their life savings are still at risk from unscrupulous predators, as a much-anticipated bill that seeks to tighten the rules on marriage and wills has been delayed by Brexit.

    Politicians and lawyers called for urgent reform after a recent case of “predatory marriage” laid bare flaws in the system.

    Fabian Hamilton MP raised a bill in November following the news that the estate of Joan Blass, 91, who had been diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2011, would pass to a man 23 years her junior.

    New rules to stop ‘predators’ from tricking vulnerable into marriage delayed by Brexit

  2. #2

    Double Godlike!

    Paddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    10,300

    Default

    Fabian Hamilton MP raised a bill in November following the news that the estate of Joan Blass, 91, who had been diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2011, would pass to a man 23 years her junior.
    Had it been that the estate of a man of 91, who had been diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2011, would pass to a woman 23 years his junior, there would not be any percieved issue,
    Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

    我们不是病毒

  3. #3

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    53,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Had it been that the estate of a man of 91, who had been diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2011, would pass to a 23 years old woman, there would not be any perceived issue,
    FTFY

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Vulnerable people and their life savings are still at risk from unscrupulous predators, as a much-anticipated bill that seeks to tighten the rules on marriage and wills has been delayed by Brexit.

    Politicians and lawyers called for urgent reform after a recent case of “predatory marriage” laid bare flaws in the system.

    Fabian Hamilton MP raised a bill in November following the news that the estate of Joan Blass, 91, who had been diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2011, would pass to a man 23 years her junior.

    New rules to stop ‘predators’ from tricking vulnerable into marriage delayed by Brexit
    Where are her family? Why haven't they taken charge of her financial affairs since her diagnosis?

    If there's no family, the money goes to the queen, she's got more than enough.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    FTFY
    You appear to have some serious "issues" regarding marriage and relationships mate, go and get help, otherwise not even the squirrels will love you.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

  6. #6

    Godlike

    Mordac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Civilisation-ish
    Posts
    9,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Vulnerable people and their life savings are still at risk from unscrupulous predators, as a much-anticipated bill that seeks to tighten the rules on marriage and wills has been delayed by Brexit.

    Politicians and lawyers called for urgent reform after a recent case of “predatory marriage” laid bare flaws in the system.

    Fabian Hamilton MP raised a bill in November following the news that the estate of Joan Blass, 91, who had been diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2011, would pass to a man 23 years her junior.

    New rules to stop ‘predators’ from tricking vulnerable into marriage delayed by Brexit
    You'd better get a move on, before they change the law...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

  7. #7

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    53,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zigenare View Post
    You appear to have some serious "issues" regarding marriage and relationships mate, go and get help, otherwise not even the squirrels will love you.
    Have you been divorced?

  8. #8

    I live on CUK

    Old Greg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Tombliboo Bush
    Posts
    24,302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Had it been that the estate of a man of 41, who had been diagnosed with vascular dementia in 2011, would pass to a squirrel 39 years his junior, there would not be any percieved issue,
    FTFY
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Have you been divorced?
    Yeah mate, it's not nice but it didn't put me off marrying CM. Life goes on, join in the party!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

  10. #10

    I Am Legend


    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    108,496

    Default

    How do you spot a predator when getting married? If your partner is a woman, they are a predator.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •