• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another outstanding Brexiter MP ex-army veteran

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Nah, I'm with Ziggy. I blame those who were lied to and mis-sold and not the thieving companies who took their money. Like Ziggy, I'm not going to bother reading the story, but will base my view on my own perception of reality and not on what really went on
    I've read the story - try avoid being a taunt for at least one day in your miserable life. There's no doubt that there was criminal intent. How much was the MP involved with that side of the business?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      I've read the story - try avoid being a taunt for at least one day in your miserable life. There's no doubt that there was criminal intent. How much was the MP involved with that side of the business?
      So you ignored the bit where people thought they were investing in a fixed rate ISA?

Comment

Yeah, yeah, it's the victim's fault for being lied to and not the company that paid £60m to a PR firm to run a dodgy marketing campaign that broke FCA rules on what the company could sell.

As for "most of us administer our own pensions" ... really? You seriously believe most people in the UK run their own pensions and hence "know all this stuff"? 17.4m believe the tosh on the side of a bus, that's how well educated and knowledgeable the UK populace is
        By 'us' I meant those that contribute to this forum, i.e. the royal 'we' or 'us' in this case.

If the company did indeed break FCA rule then they and those running the business should get their comeuppance. However, at the end of the day the old saying still rings true. "If a deal is too good to be true then it probably is". The investors may, with the benefit of hindsight, been lied to, but when making any financial investment you must do your own due diligence. Nobody else is going to do it for you. "A fool and his/her money is easily parted".

Analogy, Buying a house is probably the largest financial investment most people will make. We all know house prices can go down as well as up (we just assume that they will forever go up) You wouldn't buy a house without first having a survey performed on that property would you. The Financial institutions you borrow money off to purchase the house will insist on one. We perform due diligence when buying a house , or even a car, when not when handing your well earned wedge over to someone else to manage. Its why I moved my pension out of the hands of L&G. they were charging me 2 months contributions to manage the fund.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          So you ignored the bit where people thought they were investing in a fixed rate ISA?
          Yes ignore that.

...and the other bits that might challenge/offend the Wailers.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
            By 'us' I meant those that contribute to this forum, i.e. the royal 'we' or 'us' in this case.

If the company did indeed break FCA rule then they and those running the business should get their comeuppance. However, at the end of the day the old saying still rings true. "If a deal is too good to be true then it probably is". The investors may, with the benefit of hindsight, been lied to, but when making any financial investment you must do your own due diligence. Nobody else is going to do it for you. "A fool and his/her money is easily parted".

Analogy, Buying a house is probably the largest financial investment most people will make. We all know house prices can go down as well as up (we just assume that they will forever go up) You wouldn't buy a house without first having a survey performed on that property would you. The Financial institutions you borrow money off to purchase the house will insist on one. We perform due diligence when buying a house , or even a car, when not when handing your well earned wedge over to someone else to manage. Its why I moved my pension out of the hands of L&G. they were charging me 2 months contributions to manage the fund.
            When something is FCA approved it should mean something

In fact, I will only accept an FCA approved Brexit!

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              I never said the MP was involved. i was responding to your dickhead comment that the investors should have known better even though they were blatantly lied to and broke FCA rules. If you really have read the article and still blame the investors then you really need to get some help fella.

As for me being miserable ha ha, couldn't be further from the truth fella. Currently (by choice) on the bench and doing loads of cycling which I enjoy. Just sold some land for a 6 figure sum and war chest could last me 15 years even if I didn't work again. What's to be miserable about

Oh yeah, and I get to read the dumb fook posts of brexiters on here. That is the icing on the cake for me
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

doing loads of cycling which I enjoy.
                You should try a nice ride through the Surrey Hills. Like my brother is doing Richard Neil is fundraising for Samaritans .

For each £1 donated he will drop a gel wrapper outside WTFH's house......

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post

You're still blaming the victims buddy. The marketing called it a fixed rate ISA. They claimed it was FCA approved.

If a girl went out clubbing with a short skirt on and was attacked, would you also blame her as the victim?

Try taking politics out of this, the fact it's a Tory MP, and look at it factually. Maybe then you'll stop defending the guilty and have some compassion for the victims who have lost their life savings.
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Yes ignore that.

...and the other bits that might challenge/offend the Wailers.
                    wot, taking away their ganja???

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      What people "think" after the event is immaterial, they'll make up all sorts of crap to justify their actions after things turn to rattulip!

"Capital At Risk" <-- You'll see that on fixed rate ISA's too. Just saying.
                      Last edited by Zigenare; 24 April 2019, 11:48.
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X