• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexiteer brains explode as Scotland wants Indyref2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    A referendum was had. No details behind any decision have yet appeared. It's nearly 3 years since that referendum. Let's hear the details, instead of the usual blame shifting the Brexit supporters are so well practiced at.
    The details are the UK lives with no-deal. Just for clarity, at the moment I could live with stay(only for the sake of unity) or leave-no-deal.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      The details are the UK lives with no-deal. Just for clarity, at the moment I could live with stay(only for the sake of unity) or leave-no-deal.
      And I cannot stomach "no deal" if the UK has no working solution of how to leave the EU while maintaining free movement of goods and people across the Irish border.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

And I cannot stomach "no deal" if the UK has no working solution of how to leave the EU while maintaining free movement of goods and people across the Irish border.
        Well there is no solution is there. Okay I can think of 2. The UK can invade Ireland or Ireland can take Northern Ireland.

If we get rid of NI, can we boot out Scotland and Wales too?

Comment

If we do leave the EU, would Scotland vote to leave the UK?

I guess it would depend on how hard a Brexit it is. Leaving with no deal would definitely up the ante.

Comment

Well there is no solution is there. Okay I can think of 2. The UK can invade Ireland or Ireland can take Northern Ireland.
            So, there are two solutions that fulfil the "no deal" departure. Neither of which have been publicly suggested by politicians as they would be political and financial suicide (never mind being in breach of the GFA)
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Easy one! UK leaves with no deal. Border stays open. Next.....

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post

I guess it would depend on how hard a Brexit it is. Leaving with no deal would definitely up the ante.
                Why would Scotland get a 2nd vote?

Comment

The Scots have had their referendum.

Why should the UK permit another one?
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Why would Scotland get a 2nd vote?
                    Because taking us out of the EU against our will is the material change that the SNP had in their manifesto and has a mandate for.

I know you are used to English parties ditching their manifesto as soon as they get elected but we think they should be honoured.

The SNP Scottish Government has a clear mandate to offer the people of Scotland a choice. The SNP has won two elections – the Scottish Parliament election in 2016 and the General Election last year – with an explicit commitment in our manifesto on holding a referendum. The Scottish Parliament has also endorsed that position.

Does the SNP have a mandate for a referendum on Scotland’s future? — Scottish National Party

Comment

A Panelbase Poll around January showed 60% would vote for Independence in the case of a no deal Brexit.

Comment

Working...
                      X