• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poll: who will you be voting for?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    Just because someone turns up every day doesn't make them the hardest working. It only means they have the best attendance record.
    I didn’t say it did. Other measures include attendance on committees, legislation amendment proposals, motions tabled, etc.

(There is a minimum attendance requirement in order to be able to claim expenses. Guess who turns up only for the minimum required?)

You’re asking the right questions and challenging the Lib Dems on their work ethic which is great; now apply that to the people that you are actually voting for.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
      I didn’t say it did. Other measures include attendance on committees, legislation amendment proposals, motions tabled, etc.

(There is a minimum attendance requirement in order to be able to claim expenses. Guess who turns up only for the minimum required?)

You’re asking the right questions and challenging the Lib Dems on their work ethic which is great; now apply that to the people that you are actually voting for.
      Again not quite true. From the Independent article on which MEPs offer best value for money

European Parliament Election 2014: MEPs who offer best value for money face defeat | The Independent

"Other aspects of an MEP's workload, such as participation in committees and delegations, and meetings with constituents, were not taken into account because they are difficult or impossible to quantify."

And please tell me Who exactly am I voting for in the up coming European parliament elections? You answer could save me a lot of time contemplating my democratic right.

Comment

Again not quite true. From the Independent article on which MEPs offer best value for money

European Parliament Election 2014: MEPs who offer best value for money face defeat | The Independent

"Other aspects of an MEP's workload, such as participation in committees and delegations, and meetings with constituents, were not taken into account because they are difficult or impossible to quantify."

And please tell me Who exactly am I voting for in the up coming European parliament elections? You answer could save me a lot of time contemplating my democratic right.
        Not quite true only for the specific article you've chosen.

But if you want to choose a specific article, perhaps you should read it?

In contrast the Liberal Democrats cost a little more – but tended to work a lot harder.
        As to who you vote for, I really don't care. If it's for the party that supports an IRA sympathiser, good luck justifying that to yourself. Would that make you "content"?

Comment

Isn't that the purpose of a poll. You take a sample population and then extrapolate to the whole population.
          Do you believe that the sample population is sufficient and of the correct demographic mix that extrapolating would reflect the proportion of the views of the total active CUK population?
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Not quite true only for the specific article you've chosen.

But if you want to choose a specific article, perhaps you should read it?

As to who you vote for, I really don't care. If it's for the party that supports an IRA sympathiser, good luck justifying that to yourself. Would that make you "content"?
            Dig deep enough and you will find the skeleton in everyone's cupboard. I may or may not vote for who ever is on the ballot paper and I will be content that I have exercised my democratic right and therefore have a clear conscience.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Contractor UK Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Do you believe that the sample population is sufficient and of the correct demographic mix that extrapolating would reflect the proportion of the views of the total active CUK population?
              You are right. The intelligence of the UK population far exceeds that demonstrated on the CUK forums.

Comment

You are right. The intelligence of the UK population far exceeds that demonstrated on the CUK forums.

yes, most of them know how to turn a 'phone sig off

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  yes, most of them know how to turn a 'phone sig off
                  I kind of quite like it.

Sent from the future using Contractor UK Forum mobile time machine

Comment

Dig deep enough and you will find the skeleton in everyone's cupboard. I may or may not vote for who ever is on the ballot paper and I will be content that I have exercised my democratic right and therefore have a clear conscience.
                    Hahahahahahaha, **** me, hypocrisy at it’s finest. Can’t even deny that you would vote for a party that supports her.

Glad to see your true colours, lol!

Comment

Hahahahahahaha, **** me, hypocrisy at it’s finest. Can’t even deny that you would vote for a party that supports her.

Glad to see your true colours, lol!
                      Please show me the hypocrisy?

To not deny something does not make it fact.

I believe I started with "I may or may not vote..."

Keep going you're looking more foolish by the post

Sent from the future using Contractor UK Forum mobile time machine

Comment

Working...
                      X