• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nigel Farage...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    My baby was born in an NHS hospital. He’s not British, neither of his parents are British. Got a lovely welcoming basket and a few hundred quid in a child ISA, all free from HMG.

He now has an EHIC card (the same as his parents) which is issued by the U.K., so if the NHS tried to reverse-charge they’d be charging themselves.

Go figure.
    Oh do keep up :yawn:

Brain the size of a planet and I still have to communicate with morons

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
      Oh do keep up :yawn:

I don't know what drugs you're taking but they're not doing you any good at all.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I don't believe that a distinction was made as to where the baby was born. My assumption was that the baby was born in a NHS hospital.

The citizenship is irrelevant. It is the residency that is the determining factor. As it happens, strictly speaking, the place of birth is not relevant either, as it does not in itself determine residency. A British resident may be born overseas a non-British resident may be born in the UK. So what you need to say is:

A newborn baby who is a British resident has automatic rights to free health care.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          I don't know what drugs you're taking but they're not doing you any good at all.
          How do you know? Maybe he needs to take smart drugs to reach even his current low level.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            How do you know? Maybe he needs to take smart drugs to reach even his current low level.
            Fair point.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

The citizenship is irrelevant. It is the residency that is the determining factor. As it happens, strictly speaking, the place of birth is not relevant either, as it does not in itself determine residency. A British resident may be born overseas a non-British resident may be born in the UK. So what you need to say is:
              Ok thankyou for clearing that up. I mistakenly assumed that someone born in the UK automatically had a rights to free NHS care. Does that also mean that someone born in the UK does not have an automatic right to a UK passport?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                My baby was born in an NHS hospital. He’s not British, neither of his parents are British. Got a lovely welcoming basket and a few hundred quid in a child ISA, all free from HMG.

He now has an EHIC card (the same as his parents) which is issued by the U.K., so if the NHS tried to reverse-charge they’d be charging themselves.

Go figure.
                Exactly the same here

Comment

Ok thankyou for clearing that up. I mistakenly assumed that someone born in the UK automatically had a rights to free NHS care. Does that also mean that someone born in the UK does not have an automatic right to a UK passport?
                  Some babies born in the UK are not entitled to British citizenship or a passport.

Comment

Some babies born in the UK are not entitled to British citizenship or a passport.
                    I think those babies should be coated in batter deep fried and eaten.

Comment

I think those babies should be coated in batter deep fried and eaten.

Then the Brexit Party is the party for you.

Comment

Working...
                      X