• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nigel Farage...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I decided to look it up(God I must be bored)

7 Reasons to Lose Weight When You Have Arthritis | Everyday Health
    Just read the link, what a load of tosh. Obviously written by someone who has no idea about the condition.

1. Losing weight will reduce joint pain. Actually no it won't particularly if you have arthritis in your ankles or knees. The cause of my arthritis is repeated injury over 34 years (I started at 10) of competitive sport (athletics - Sprinter & Javelin and rugby) at a high level. I have no cartilage left it either my right ankle or left knee. I also have no ligaments in my left knee. The arthritis has fused my right ankle together so I now walk with my right foot turned out putting stress on my right hip. losing weight will not reduce my continuous pain. On the plus side the Weaver-Dunn procedure (Google it) to rebuild my left shoulder 10 years ago causes me no problems what so ever.

2.Better joint function. See above, I think that ship sailed 10 years ago when I was force to give up rugby.

3. I actually feel fine. I still go to the gym, albeit limited to cycling and swimming. I can still swim 1k in 30minutes without too much effort. I can still seated press (105kgs) and Bench Press 100kgs, Fly Press 90kgs, I have no idea what I can squat (leg press) because I can't anymore. so I don't think I am that unfit.

4. Take fatty acids for what, to lube the joints, see 1. above

5.Better heart health. It just so happens that I have recently had a 24hour ecg, and a heart scan ( because the GP gave me a prescription which crashed my BP and gave me a resting heart rate of 38 - my normal resting heart rate is around 60). Both tests came back giving my heart a 100% clean bill of health.

6. A good nights sleep. No issues there normally get 7 to 8 hours a night.

7. My arthritis costs me nothing apart from 24/7 pain. The only thing that will resolve that is amputation, and yes I have thought about it from time to time. Even considered DIY. Arthritis is a condition caused by the breakdown of the cartilage that covers the end of each bone in a joint. Once that is gone you are rubbing bone on bone , which causes the bone to wear away. The body then tries to repair this and unfortunately goes into over drive producing more bone than in necessary resulting in excessive bone growths within the joint. It is these excessive bone growths that cause the pain and restrict the joint movement. I have been told, by several surgeons that losing weight will not help my condition. My ankle bones are now so distorted that ankle replacement is not an option.

I have no doubt I could do with losing perhaps 10kgs, I suspect that most of us could, but that would mean getting down to my 1st XV playing weight of my late teens early 20s.

Comment

Hey Yorkie, how's your transcription service going?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

There's a very good article on Farage here.

TRIGGER WARNING: Gammonflakes should avoid this Soros funded 'globalist' MSM race treachery.

Who is the real Nigel Farage... and why won't he answer my questions? | Politics | The Guardian

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
          Just read the link, what a load of tosh. Obviously written by someone who has no idea about the condition.

1. Losing weight will reduce joint pain. Actually no it won't particularly if you have arthritis in your ankles or knees. The cause of my arthritis is repeated injury over 34 years (I started at 10) of competitive sport (athletics - Sprinter & Javelin and rugby) at a high level. I have no cartilage left it either my right ankle or left knee. I also have no ligaments in my left knee. The arthritis has fused my right ankle together so I now walk with my right foot turned out putting stress on my right hip. losing weight will not reduce my continuous pain. On the plus side the Weaver-Dunn procedure (Google it) to rebuild my left shoulder 10 years ago causes me no problems what so ever.

2.Better joint function. See above, I think that ship sailed 10 years ago when I was force to give up rugby.

3. I actually feel fine. I still go to the gym, albeit limited to cycling and swimming. I can still swim 1k in 30minutes without too much effort. I can still seated press (105kgs) and Bench Press 100kgs, Fly Press 90kgs, I have no idea what I can squat (leg press) because I can't anymore. so I don't think I am that unfit.

4. Take fatty acids for what, to lube the joints, see 1. above

5.Better heart health. It just so happens that I have recently had a 24hour ecg, and a heart scan ( because the GP gave me a prescription which crashed my BP and gave me a resting heart rate of 38 - my normal resting heart rate is around 60). Both tests came back giving my heart a 100% clean bill of health.

6. A good nights sleep. No issues there normally get 7 to 8 hours a night.

7. My arthritis costs me nothing apart from 24/7 pain. The only thing that will resolve that is amputation, and yes I have thought about it from time to time. Even considered DIY. Arthritis is a condition caused by the breakdown of the cartilage that covers the end of each bone in a joint. Once that is gone you are rubbing bone on bone , which causes the bone to wear away. The body then tries to repair this and unfortunately goes into over drive producing more bone than in necessary resulting in excessive bone growths within the joint. It is these excessive bone growths that cause the pain and restrict the joint movement. I have been told, by several surgeons that losing weight will not help my condition. My ankle bones are now so distorted that ankle replacement is not an option.

I have no doubt I could do with losing perhaps 10kgs, I suspect that most of us could, but that would mean getting down to my 1st XV playing weight of my late teens early 20s.
          All this above (re weight loss not helping arthritis) is your view, and you're entitled to your view, but you're wrong. Lowering your weight will help arthritis, especially given you have issues with your ankles and knees. Clearly your health and your life and so your choice what you do, but facts are facts.

And I speak from experience as I suffer from ankylosing spondylitis and this is why I had to give up all contact sports at the age of 30 (including squash, strangely!) as a major collision could break my back. I was certainly a lot worse off when I worked in the city, drank all day and night, and gained weight compared to now.

I'm guessing that whilst you have a blue badge you don't qualify for PIP or DLA as you are too active/mobile. And for the record, in case you want to challenge what I'm talking about, my wife is disabled. I have to dress and wash her every day Cook for her. Carry her up the stairs. Lift her into bed, and the car. She is permanently in a wheelchair and has no mobility.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

And for the record I think Farage is a twunt
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              And for the record I think Farage is a twunt
              I can't think of many who disagree with that view. Well except those who think he is king of the twunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                There's a very good article on Farage here.

TRIGGER WARNING: Gammonflakes should avoid this Soros funded 'globalist' MSM race treachery.

Who is the real Nigel Farage... and why won't he answer my questions? | Politics | The Guardian
                Its a good article. Shame its in the guardian. Sometimes I visit the guardian opinion page. After I accidentally visit the daily mail. For the sake of balance.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Fake or not fake:

Quite possibly a fake, he would have only been 15 then...so to make up for it:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

We know that JRM takes his nanny everywhere with him, but why does Farage take his crazy old grandmother everywhere?

Last edited by darmstadt; 20 May 2019, 12:15.
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Quite the cumshot

Did an elephant cum over Nige?

Comment

Working...
                      X