• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Truths about Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Ah - I was wondering what the collective noun was for them.
    That would be 'rant'.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      What makes you think that it was this that influenced people?
      Have we moved on now, from “there were no lies” to “there were lies, but they didn’t influence anyone”?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
        Have we moved on now, from “there were no lies” to “there were lies, but they didn’t influence anyone”?
        There are lies at every election. My concern is that one side in Brexit vote used social media more than the other. Without it being known. That loophole needs to be closed.

Comment

There are lies at every election. My concern is that one side in Brexit vote used social media more than the other. Without it being known. That loophole needs to be closed.
          Of course there are. That wasn’t the implication though - the implication in Z’s post was that they didn’t influence anyone.

Which begs the question - if lies don’t influence anyone, why lie?

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            What makes you think that it was this that influenced people?

The repetition of their claims on here, and the belief that they are still the holders of absolute truth, that anyone who disagrees with Brexit is wrong, even if they have facts and the Brexiteer only has a soundbite.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              The repetition of their claims on here, and the belief that they are still the holders of absolute truth, that anyone who disagrees with Brexit is wrong, even if they have facts and the Brexiteer only has a soundbite.
              Anyone who does not believe in Brexit does not believe in democracy.

Comment

Anyone who does not believe in Brexit does not believe in democracy.
                What a facile statement.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                  I am surprised that three years after the Brexit vote you still do not have an understanding of how your rights in the EU works.

What if I want to go and live and work in one of the other 170 odd countries that are not in the EU?
                  Can I do that? And if I can do that why can I not do that in the EU?

That won't change in fact it may be more difficult. Currently, you DO NOT have the right to live and work in any one of the other 170 odd countries unless you meet their strict criteria.

Or are you saying I may have to fill in a few more forms to work or trade in the EU?

Currently, you can hop in your car tonight, drive to the EU, buy a house or find any job and start work tomorrow.
                  Try flying out to India or Australia and doing that. BTW twenty years ago I was turned down for Canada and Australia due to age! Age does not stop me working in the EU even twenty years later

And I am pretty sure if I had the ambition to work elsewhere but the UK then filling in a few forms would not really be a barrier?

You can't guarantee entry and get work in another country just by filling forms, you can't even do that for the Falkland Islands. It took me two weeks to get a short term work visa for India with strict terms and conditions attached; whereas for Holland, I was interviewed on a Friday and started work at 10 am on Monday in Rotterdam.

So thanks for the accusation but no one has stopped you working wherever the hell you want.

You talk utter, utter Bollox

Sent from my CPM Osborne II
                  Ok so firstly what percentage of the UK's working population wants or needs to work in the EU?

All I am hearing is the bleat of a privileged person who thinks that they should be able to do whatever they want and the wishes of any other single human being should simply be ignored.

If the EU is that good why not fook off over there - then you need not worry about having to work in the UK ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                    What a facile statement.
                    Facile is one of Brillo's middle names.

Comment

How quickly the Faragists have refused to respond to the original question, wanting to change the topic or go on the attack.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X