• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit Party bent as a seven Bob note

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I thought the phrase was "bent as a nine bob note"
    They're awaiting the bung from Moscow for the other two bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      There is no kangaroo court. People are asking the Electoral Commission as the competent authority to investigate.

People being Gordon B'ruin!

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Nothing to see here

apparently...

Brexit: 'No evidence' of crimes by Leave.EU and Arron Banks - BBC News
        His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I just await the queue of remoaners apologizing.

Comment

Brexit Party bent as a seven Bob note

Like Boris you mean?
            Remainers respect the verdict and see no reason to stamp their feet and whinge.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              Like Boris you mean?
              Remainers respect the verdict and see no reason to stamp their feet and whinge.
              Not quite the same respect for the result of the EU referendum on the part of the Remainers though, is it?
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                Not quite the same respect for the result of the EU referendum on the part of the Remainers though, is it?
                We respect the result, just waiting for the £350 million for the NHS and easiest trade deal in the history of trade deals to come to frutation before I agree its in the best interests of the country.
                Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
                  We respect the result, just waiting for the £350 million for the NHS and easiest trade deal in the history of trade deals to come to frutation before I agree its in the best interests of the country.
                  So you don't respect the result then....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Should a "result" be respected that was based on patently false promises/threats?
                    Or once those promises/threats have been shown to have been false (no extra money for the NHS, no great trade deal, no Turks ever likely to invade the country en masse) should the people decide again?

A democrat might suggest the latter.
                    I, and a few others, prefer the former since (1) the chaos is likely to benefit me and (2) it teaches the great unwashed a lesson.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      I think you're confusing respect and accept
                      Last edited by BlueSharp; 24 September 2019, 14:36.
                      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Working...
                      X