• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Foreign currency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm

Nigel Farage’s Brexit Party faces probe into ‘illegal donations’ | HeraldScotland

on BBC Radio 4, Brexit Party chairman Richard Tice refused to say if any of the £2.5 million in small donations so far had included foreign money
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      There is a difference between asking for names and addresses, which people could fraudulently misrepresent, and setting up a system inviting anonymous gifts. I assume you know that but are obfuscating.
      When I buy using PayPal, the person I pay seems to know my name and address to ship goods to. I had to verify my id when I set my PayPal account up. Why would a donation to TBP be any different?

EDIT: P.S. BTW, I'm not obfuscating, AFAIK PayPal is not anonymous, see link.
      Making payments - anonymously - PayPal Community
      Last edited by Platypus; 21 May 2019, 14:00.

Comment

hmm
        2019 European Elections: Watchdog defends Brexit Party scrutiny - BBC News

"A spokesperson said there was no evidence of electoral offences, but added: "We want to satisfy ourselves that the party's systems are robust.""

Comment

Not enough evidence for criminal prosecution, I see...

Comment

and...

Our decision to visit is not related to comments made by the former prime minister.

So the visit isn't because of Gordon Brown's comments.

They don't have any evidence..............

yet
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Not enough evidence for criminal prosecution, I see...
              Indeed, same as the EC deciding there was not enough evidence to prosecute the Remain camp for various funding violations, even through everyone knows they pulled all the same tricks as the Leave campaign, and are doing exactly the same tricks right now, setting-up parallel "disconnected " campaigns.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                Indeed, same as the EC deciding there was not enough evidence to prosecute the Remain camp for various funding violations, even through everyone knows they pulled all the same tricks as the Leave campaign, and are doing exactly the same tricks right now, setting-up parallel "disconnected " campaigns.
                Same tricks, you mean like taking money from Putin in the millions, making false promises of 350 mln per week to buy votes?

Comment

Same tricks, you mean like taking money from Putin in the millions
                  I think that piece of news must have passed me by. Didn't our wonderful neutral electoral commission issue a press release or something?

making false promises of 350 mln per week to buy votes?
                  They made different false promises to buy votes, like we will need an emergency budget, unemployment will rise, there will be a recession.

P.S. The remain lies were to happen in the event of a vote to leave. The Brexit 350m for the NHS might come true, once we leave.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    They made different false promises to buy votes, like we will need an emergency budget, unemployment will rise, there will be a recession.
                    First of all Brexit has not happened yet.

Secondly bad projection is not the same as lie - 350 mln however was a blatant porky, very specific very large number - easily understandable by gullible people, especially those who worked in the NHS.

Comment

First of all Brexit has not happened yet.
                      Correct. The remain lies were to come true in the event of a vote to leave, not in the event of leaving.

Leave would have won even with 250m number. Makes no difference.

Comment

Working...
                      X