• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

no mention of British Steel yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to Private Eye, it's having to pay for 6 months more carbon credits that's tipped them over the edge. Part of the agreement for extension was that free carbon credits wouldn't be available.

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    At the same time we have 11k shortfall of nurses. Lets start training these people. If you are going to subsidise something lets start with nurses.
    It should reduce the stress on the service as well.

"Hello Mr woohoo, and how are we today? This is Bert, 20 years a steelworker, but he's now retrained as a nurse, and he's here to give you your bed bath, followed by an enema".

"Suddenly feeling much better now, Doctor. In fact, I think I'll discharge myself immediately. No need to cause a fuss."

Here's Bert, on the right.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Spokesman for the UK steel industry on LBC basically saying the Steel industry is dead after a no deal Brexit, because there is a global trade war in place, most trading blocks have now imposed high WTO tariffs.

This has nothing to do about it not worth producing steel in European or North American country, this is a problem due to being isolated from all major markets.
      Alexander Boris DePfeffel 'Fook Business' Johnson will save the day.

Comment

The area voted out 66/34 They were warned jobs would be lost and industry would be negatively impacted. They believed the 'project fear' lies. They and their friends and families will be losing their jobs. Meh, you makes ya bed ....
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          According to Private Eye, it's having to pay for 6 months more carbon credits that's tipped them over the edge. Part of the agreement for extension was that free carbon credits wouldn't be available.

It should reduce the stress on the service as well.

"Hello Mr woohoo, and how are we today? This is Bert, 20 years a steelworker, but he's now retrained as a nurse, and he's here to give you your bed bath, followed by an enema".

"Suddenly feeling much better now, Doctor. In fact, I think I'll discharge myself immediately. No need to cause a fuss."

Here's Bert, on the right.

Whilst funny this is the type of stereotyping that is stopping working class men from moving into healthcare.

Comment

One can be sure China wont care about carbon emissions. Take a look at Ozone layer: Banned CFCs traced to China say scientists - BBC News

Comment

One can be sure China wont care about carbon emissions. Take a look at Ozone layer: Banned CFCs traced to China say scientists - BBC News

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                Whilst funny this is the type of stereotyping that is stopping working class men from moving into healthcare.
                I didn’t realise they were so thin-skinned. Billy Elliot didn’t have any issues challenging stereotypes.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                  I didn’t realise they were so thin-skinned. Billy Elliot didn’t have any issues challenging stereotypes.
                  So only women are allowed to be thin skinned?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    So only women are allowed to be thin skinned?
                    Emily Pankhurst busted stereotypes as well.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                      You sound like you are an extreme left wing member of the matriarchy. No room for your type of discussions and gendered talk in this forum.

Comment

Working...
                      X