• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

no mention of British Steel yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Greybull Capital - Wikipedia

Plessey; semiconductors, 2010

Comet; electrical retailer, acquired 2011; insolvent 2014

Rileys; sports bars; acquired 2012; insolvent 2014

Metalrax; baking equipment, 2013

Arc; engineering, acquired 2013; sold 2017

Constar UK; plastic bottles maker, 2014

Murco; fuel stations and refinery, 2014 (negotiations only)

Monarch; airline, acquired 2014; administration 2017

M Local; convenience stores, acquired from Morrisons 2015; insolvent 2016

British Steel 2016; was Tata Steel Europe, bought from Tata and renamed; insolvent 2019

Not a great track record....
    Look at you with your On Topic so called facts!

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Ha ha nice try Want to link to where this referenced as a race term? BTW, not all milkshakes are vanilla I believe other flavours are available
      My god, it just gets worse, your lack of understanding of race issues is bordering on verbal violence. Other milkshakes are available...my god are you now referring to people of colour as various flavours of milk.

Mods, get onto this now. Verbal violence is just as bad as actual violence.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Greybull Capital - Wikipedia

Plessey; semiconductors, 2010

Comet; electrical retailer, acquired 2011; insolvent 2014

Rileys; sports bars; acquired 2012; insolvent 2014

Metalrax; baking equipment, 2013

Arc; engineering, acquired 2013; sold 2017

Constar UK; plastic bottles maker, 2014

Murco; fuel stations and refinery, 2014 (negotiations only)

Monarch; airline, acquired 2014; administration 2017

M Local; convenience stores, acquired from Morrisons 2015; insolvent 2016

British Steel 2016; was Tata Steel Europe, bought from Tata and renamed; insolvent 2019

Not a great track record....
        Depends on your point of view. For the offshore foreign owners of Greybull they’ve made loads of dosh from inflated interest payments and management fees.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          My god, it just gets worse, your lack of understanding of race issues is bordering on verbal violence. Other milkshakes are available...my god are you now referring to people of colour as various flavours of milk.

We could always go for Milkflake or Snowshake....
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            We could always go for Milkflake or Snowshake....
            Gammonshake.

Comment

Someone's having a little mental breakdown today Cheer up bud
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Stop virtue signalling.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  Someone's having a little mental breakdown today Cheer up bud
                  OMG and now you are making fun of people with mental issues. Is there no depth to the depravity allowed on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                    Stop virtue signalling.
                    Funnily enough I was saying the same thing last night when I was volunteering at the LGBT homeless shelter. I had just finished picking the nits out of the hair of an elderly trans lady called Shakira, she had just commented that I do so much for people in need. I said gosh I hope when I tell people about my charity work they don't think I'm virtue signalling.
                    You know what Shakira said? She said you are a living saint. Then with tears down her eyes she said anyone that says you are virtue signalling, I will shank them, with my size 10 Gucci heals.

I thought, that was quite sweet. I didn't have the heart to tell her that her Gucci heals are knock off. I could tell by the stitching. I rescued a number of child workers from a Gucci factory in India and found them jobs in the local community, teaching ex-convicts how to make shoes. So, as you could imagine I'm quite the expert on shoes.

Comment

OMG and now you are making fun of people with mental issues. Is there no depth to the depravity allowed on this forum.
                      At least he's leaving the meek alone, they have a hell of a time as it is!
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X