• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'd like to wish the remoaners luck in the EU elections today....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody hell. What am I doing wasting my time on here for?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

You couldn't make this tulip up, but then again I suppose he is taking advantage of Freedom of Movement...

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Next week's news: Brexit Party MEP's turn up at Brussels.

We would like to think that is the case but if you look at the people standing for the Brexit Party you will quickly come to realise that they are atypical of the 'Metropolitan Elite' that the people voting for the Brexit Party are actually angry with. Really goes to show how imbecilic the average Leaver is...
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

The outcome of the EU elections is now irrelevant as May will be resigning anyway. There is now a high probability of a GE in spite of Brenda in Bristol who will try and thwart it, and that is what will decide Brexit.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            The outcome of the EU elections is now irrelevant as May will be resigning anyway. There is now a high probability of a GE in spite of Brenda in Bristol who will try and thwart it, and that is what will decide Brexit.

The outcome of any GE is also irrelevant - the options do not change, and until the Conservative Brexiters get a grip on reality and understand that the WA is the only way they are going to get a Brexit they’ll just keep going around in circles.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
              The outcome of any GE is also irrelevant - the options do not change, and until the Conservative Brexiters get a grip on reality and understand that the WA is the only way they are going to get a Brexit they’ll just keep going around in circles.
              If there is a GE the Tories will have to campaign on no deal, and I suspect there will be a clear out of the remoaners who won't buy into it. The Tories will have no choice.

If they win it's no deal.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                If there is a GE the Tories will have to campaign on no deal, and I suspect there will be a clear out of the remoaners who won't buy into it. The Tories will have no choice.

If they win it's no deal.
                We exit on no Deal. We then decide that we want a trading relationship (even if minimal) with the EU. The first thing on the table is citizens rights, the divorce payment, and the U.K. border in Ireland.

Unless the U.K. is actively deciding to become an international pariah, there is no escape from the terms of the WA.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                  We exit on no Deal. We then decide that we want a trading relationship (even if minimal) with the EU. The first thing on the table is citizens rights, the divorce payment, and the U.K. border in Ireland.

Unless the U.K. is actively deciding to become an international pariah, there is no escape from the terms of the WA.
                  It doesn't matter if the Tories want to be in power that's what they have to do. Being an international pariah hasn't stopped Trump.

Once the Tories have crashed out of the EU then of course they'll start agreeing to everything that was in the withdrawal agreement anyway. This is the Trumpian way. The new NAFTA is no different from the old NAFTA.

It doesn't matter that is makes no sense, all the Brexi-people will cheer Boris, in the same way Trump supporters cheer Trump even though nothing changed.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Why are those who don't vote ignored? Maybe it is not apathy, they actually want no government!

If fewer than 50% vote in any election, any form of government that is being voted for should be shut down with immediate effect. Let's have some sensible anarchy, will probably be a great improvement on current mess.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                      Why are those who don't vote ignored? Maybe it is not apathy, they actually want no government!

If fewer than 50% vote in any election, any form of government that is being voted for should be shut down with immediate effect. Let's have some sensible anarchy, will probably be a great improvement on current mess.

This was the European Parliamentary election, not the UK one.
                      The voting was for representatives to represent local UK regions in the European Parliament. By voting for parties who specifically do not want to represent UK regions in Europe, then effectively those who voted for them have wasted their votes.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X