• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ne'er cast a clout till May is out...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ne'er cast a clout till May is out...

Looks like the gloves will be coming off soon..

LIVE Latest as May statement due outside No 10
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Apparently the PM's crest is on the lectern which is unusual for a resignation speech.

hmmm, this indicates that it might not be just a resignation speech.

Then again maybe this is a myth about the lectern .
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

OK so she stays on until Bojo is appointed. As she pointed out the new PM will have to get a majority in Parliament.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

So it now looks like the U.K. is to have a new PM who has not been elected by the public to push a hard Brexit never envisaged by the referendum supporter by a minority government made up of a party that’s been decimated at the polls
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

It's difficult to see the government surviving without a GE.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

OK apparently Bojo's campaign management team is planning for a GE.

Looks like Brenda from Bristol failed to thwart it.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

I'm presuming that Nigel Farage will put his Brexit party back in the box for a GE, some stragglers though will switch back to UKIP, and that means the opposition support will be split, but the Tories will pickup that 35% from the Brexit party and lose a few percent of the Brino voters who are currently supportíng the Tories.

This could get interesting. Scary, but interesting.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                I'm presuming that Nigel Farage will put his Brexit party back in the box for a GE
                He might have a taste for it by then if the bookies are to be believed

Peterborough by-election winner | Politics odds | Smarkets betting exchange

Comment

It's difficult to see the government surviving without a GE.
                  Hard to see them surviving with a GE....

Comment

OK so she stays on until Bojo is appointed. As she pointed out the new PM will have to get a majority in Parliament.

When was the last time the starting favourite won a Tory leadership election?

Anyway, you can get 15/8 on Johnson as next PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X