• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RIP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP

... UKIP
    ... Tories
    ... Brexit

Remain > Leave

The people have spoken
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Just for you hard of thinking, this is what the result looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

When you have learned to add up, then you can join the conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

You keep thinking that Brexit is still what the people want Brexit party have a majority only because the remain vote was split across multiple parties. It's quite simple to understand - go on, give it a try

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          You keep thinking that Brexit is still what the people want Brexit party have a majority only because the remain vote was split across multiple parties. It's quite simple to understand - go on, give it a try
          It's a plurality or relative majority, not a majority. For the Euro elections, that is fine, but then extrapolate that to a new 2 question referendum and we can see that Leave is in trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            It's a plurality or relative majority, not a majority. For the Euro elections, that is fine, but then extrapolate that to a new 2 question referendum and we can see that Leave is in trouble.
            A one question referendum, numb nuts.

Comment

Yes, sorry, I meant 'majority' as in the largest party - but they're the only leave party so they have taken all leave votes. Surely they should be returning at least 52%? The country is still polorized, but it has moved on from 2016 and it's a fair bet to say leave would not win next time.

Not that I think we need another ref though on a straight 'remain' vs 'some kind of undefined leave'. If there is another vote it needs to be remain vs a specific leave (don't care what that is, can be no-deal, brino, whatever - but next time whatever is offered must be deliverable).

All these elections have really shown is that 2.5 years on we're still divided, and the leave side have absolutely no wish to bring the country back together again.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                A one question referendum, numb nuts.
                Or a 2 question referendum.

1 Remain or Leave
                2 If Leave, then WA or No deal.

Comment

Or a 2 question referendum.

1 Remain or Leave
                  2 If Leave, then WA or No deal.
                  Yeah, that's what you meant.

(1) has been resolved.

Can you really see remain ultras allowing "No Deal" as an option on any ballot? Witness Keir Starmer and his "credible leave option". Nope, there's only two possible outcomes now, neither of which involves a WA, and both of which involve years of acrimony.

Comment

Simply colouring in a map doesn't make a majority.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X