• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The old parties in their death throes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Nigel Farage has announced that The Brexit party will be challenging the Tories in all constituencies in a future GE, which will "have consequences".

be afraid
    .....be very afraid

Jezzy might get in.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Most Brexit party voters will stick with the Brexit party, however the turn out was low so the GE predictions of the vote being split equally between the Brexit party and the Tories are realistic.

My Euro-election post-vote poll: most Tory switchers say they will stay with their new party - Lord Ashcroft Polls

There is no way the Tories will be able to pull off some no deal that won't be a complete disaster and end in total humiliation where they after a few weeks they sign up to a withdrawal agreement, so they're pretty much sunk.

Their best bet would have been to sign up to May's deal and tough it out.

The end game is now clear, and that is the annihilation of the Tories at a future GE.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Most Brexit party voters will stick with the Brexit party, however the turn out was low so the GE predictions of the vote being split equally between the Brexit party and the Tories are realistic.

My Euro-election post-vote poll: most Tory switchers say they will stay with their new party - Lord Ashcroft Polls

There is no way the Tories will be able to pull off some no deal that won't be a complete disaster and end in total humiliation where they after a few weeks they sign up to a withdrawal agreement, so they're pretty much sunk.

Their best bet would have been to sign up to May's deal and tough it out.

The end game is now clear, and that is the annihilation of the Tories at a future GE.
        I bet Farage doesn't even like hill walking.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          Jezzy might get in.
          To Diana Abbott?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Jezzy might get in.
            Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            To Diana Abbott?
            Don't leave out Emily!

Comment

Any news when The Brexit Party will release their manifesto or what might be in it? Until that happens I will reserve judgement. I'm going to have a guess that it will pursue a WTO Brexit, NHS privatisation (to get the USA trade deal), Points based immigration policy, Low taxation with a tory ideology of a smaller state.

I can't see Leave supporting Labour voters sticking with the Brexit Party if that is their manifesto.
              Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
                Any news when The Brexit Party will release their manifesto or what might be in it? Until that happens I will reserve judgement. I'm going to have a guess that it will pursue a WTO Brexit, NHS privatisation (to get the USA trade deal), Points based immigration policy, Low taxation with a tory ideology of a smaller state.

I can't see Leave supporting Labour voters sticking with the Brexit Party if that is their manifesto.
                Manifesto for what?

Their purpose is to be a thorn in the side of the EU and to remind whichever party is in power in the UK that we're supposed to be leaving.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  I bet Farage doesn't even like hill walking.
                  He likes lying though, currently live on Radio 2 and is lying through his teeth and bigging himself up as an expert negotiator
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    Manifesto for what?

Their purpose is to be a thorn in the side of the EU and to remind whichever party is in power in the UK that we're supposed to be leaving.
                    Ah, so not to serve any democratically-elected purposes or be involved in political dialogue with other democratically elected people, but just to prevent others from trying to do their jobs.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      Ah, so not to serve any democratically-elected purposes or be involved in political dialogue with other democratically elected people, but just to prevent others from trying to do their jobs.
                      "The party's lead aim is its desire for the United Kingdom to leave the European Union and then trade with countries on World Trade Organization terms."

There you go, in a nutshell.

Get one of the big boys to explain it to you.
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X