The old parties in their death throes The old parties in their death throes
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 39

More time posting than coding

Default The old parties in their death throes

Labour leaders voting LibDem in EU elections. Conservative leaders on the wrong side not knowing how to effect an EU exit. Labour tending toward remain when most Brexit voters were Labour voters. None of the main parties have any credibility left and are simply being buffeted by the raging storm of Brexit which will continue until sated. A new party going from zero to winning an election and looking to slingshot forward with crowd pleasing rhetoric. All they need is to flesh out some general policies and the national elections might be in their grasp given the fragmentation and lemming politics of their opposition. We're seeing a change of the old order and a political revolution that's still to run its course. The Brexit party now has a large number of well known and seasoned politicians in the EU parliament and they'll be supported by similar politicians elected in other member states.

So the old order of Conservative, Labour, Liberal The new order of an independent UK or radically changed EU

More fingers than teeth

Quote Originally Posted by tazdevil View Post
    Labour leaders voting LibDem in EU elections. Conservative leaders on the wrong side not knowing how to effect an EU exit. Labour tending toward remain when most Brexit voters were Labour voters. None of the main parties have any credibility left and are simply being buffeted by the raging storm of Brexit which will continue until sated. A new party going from zero to winning an election and looking to slingshot forward with crowd pleasing rhetoric. All they need is to flesh out some general policies and the national elections might be in their grasp given the fragmentation and lemming politics of their opposition. We're seeing a change of the old order and a political revolution that's still to run its course. The Brexit party now has a large number of well known and seasoned politicians in the EU parliament and they'll be supported by similar politicians elected in other member states.

So the old order of Conservative, Labour, Liberal The new order of an independent UK or radically changed EU
    A bit like the old Weimar republic, just what the Brexiters,, nationalists and populists want. Welcome to the New World Order...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Richer than sasguru

Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    A bit like the old Weimar republic, just what the Brexiters,, nationalists and populists want. Welcome to the New World Order...
    You keep spouting your bulltulip....

Super poster

Labour tending toward remain when most Brexit voters were Labour voters.
    Nope. You're 100% incorrect. Labour voters are mostly remain (65/35 split remain/leave) - this is why Labour voters switched to Lib Dem. Those who stuck with Labour are diehards who would vote red even if they had a policy of killing puppies.

A new party going from zero to winning an election and looking to slingshot forward with crowd pleasing rhetoric.
    The narrative may claim the Brexit party is new, but let's be realistic here, they are just a rebranded 'UKIP'; Farage has been doing this for 20 years, in essence the party is 20 years old

And you forgot to note that remain votes exceeded leave votes in this election, an election that was a one policy vote. So even when the only policy being talked about was Brexit, the leave vote could not get a majority. The people have spoken, they no longer want Brexit
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

Ah, so of the old order, one of them grew, while the others shrank, but that doesn't suit you, so it's easier to lump them all together.
    Moderation means Moderation
    Strong and Stable Moderation

Get Moderation Done - Unleash Moderator Potential

I live on CUK

Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Ah, so of the old order, one of them grew, while the others shrank, but that doesn't suit you, so it's easier to lump them all together.
    To be fair to Taz, he is as thick as yorkie and vetran's idiot son. Don't expect too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

More fingers than teeth

Nigel Farage has announced that The Brexit party will be challenging the Tories in all constituencies in a future GE, which will "have consequences".

be afraid
    .....be very afraid
    I'm alright Jack

More fingers than teeth

Quote Originally Posted by DimPrawn View Post
    You keep spouting your bulltulip....
    You wouldn't understand...

Watching the results of the E.U election.. according to the impartial BBC everybody won, except Labour and conservative who didn't lose..
    The SNP apparently did well in Scotland and Plaid comfe did well in Wales
    Apparently the brexiters also won but as there was only a 37% turnout ,didn't, and as 63% of the population didn't vote for them therefore they didn't want them.. and those that did wanted something else.
    and anyone who voted for another party did so knowing that we wanted to remain, or at least leave with a deal (I don't remember that as an option on the ballot?)
    Apparently Alister Campbell (Labour) and Michael Heseltine (Conservative) voted Liberal, and the Greens have done very well..UKIP haven't done well as all their support went to The Brexit Party, who ended up winning the most seats but not the majority of the votes.
    confused? so am I
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

My post count is Majestic

Lock them up for Hunger Games

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post

Looking good Barmy, looking good!

European Election 2019: Results in maps and charts - BBC News

Italy, France & UK first, Germany to follow.

Sorry where was the Weimar republic formed? was that the first or second time the Germans started a racially motivated invasion of Europe? Do tell!
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.