• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Purge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    Don't see it that way myself. Quoting from the rule book
    "A member of the Party who joins and/ or
    supports a political organisation other than an
    official Labour group or other unit of the
    Party, or supports any candidate who stands
    against an official Labour candidate
    , or
    publicly declares their intent to stand against
    a Labour candidate, shall automatically be
    ineligible to be or remain a Party member,
    subject to the provisions of Chapter 6.I.2
    below of the disciplinary rules."

As a fully paid up union member I expect rules to be followed. He should have abstained rather than vote Lib Dem then he would have been OK.

Hmmmm Now as a fully paid up member of UNITE, and therefore an affiliate member of the labour party should I offer myself to the Exec Committee for punishment and chastisement/correctional thinking for not voting Labour?
    The conversation that seems to be going on is that it is fine to vote for a different party (e.g. tactical voting) but not to publicise it. So if voting Lib Dem is not in itself against the rules, then reporting publicly that you did is claimed to be the behaviour that equates to supporting a different party. That is open to counterargument.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      The conversation that seems to be going on is that it is fine to vote for a different party (e.g. tactical voting) but not to publicise it. So if voting Lib Dem is not in itself against the rules, then reporting publicly that you did is claimed to be the behaviour that equates to supporting a different party. That is open to counterargument.
      I see your point. If you don't publically state you voted for another party nobody is any the wiser, so you can vote for a non labour candidate, technically breaking the rule, and get away with it so long as you don't brag about it.
      The punishment should fit the crime of a traitor. I'll leave it there![emoji848]

Brain the size of a planet and I still have to communicate with morons

Comment

I see your point. If you don't publically state you voted for another party nobody is any the wiser, so you can vote for a non labour candidate, technically breaking the rule, and get away with it so long as you don't brag about it.
        The punishment should fit the crime of a traitor. I'll leave it there![emoji848]

This is the amusing bit.

Comment

This is the amusing bit.

No problem with this so long as the rule is applied uniformly and equally across all regardless of the size of their beard.

Comment

You are a moron, 62

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post

Something not quite right with these graphs. perhaps the sample was only taken inside the M25.

What I take from these graphs is that the labour vote migrated to the Lib dems and Greens ( Remain) whilst the conservative vote migrated to Brexit (Leave). However, in the labour heartlands of the North of England, there was a significant vote away from Labour towards the brexit Party which is why the brexit party came top in virtually every constituency. So what we have here is another southern poll all about the South East of England.

Comment

Something not quite right with these graphs. perhaps the sample was only taken inside the M25.

What I take from these graphs is that the labour vote migrated to the Lib dems and Greens ( Remain) whilst the conservative vote migrated to Brexit (Leave). However, in the labour heartlands of the North of England, there was a significant vote away from Labour towards the brexit Party which is why the brexit party came top in virtually every constituency. So what we have here is another southern poll all about the South East of England.
                  These are party members, not voters.

Comment

These are party members, not voters.
                    Ah and so the labour party does not have any party members outside of the M25? That's OK then. carry on.

Comment

You’ve started off with your own position on where you think people voted, saw that a poll didn’t fit your view, but rather than checking with YouGov or other sources to find out where they sampled for their poll you curve-fitted your own assumptions and anecdotal data to fit your own narrative, thus propagating your own confirmation bias.

Comment

Working...
                      X