• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Purge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    Ah and so the labour party does not have any party members outside of the M25? That's OK then. carry on.
    There is no reason to think that inside M25 is a factor. What you said was:

What I take from these graphs is that the labour vote migrated to the Lib dems and Greens ( Remain) whilst the conservative vote migrated to Brexit (Leave)
    The chart describes the voting behaviour of party members, not of party voters.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
      You’ve started off with your own position on where you think people voted, saw that a poll didn’t fit your view, but rather than checking with YouGov or other sources to find out where they sampled for their poll you curve-fitted your own assumptions and anecdotal data to fit your own narrative, thus propagating your own confirmation bias.
      Just checked the full article on YOU GOV and they do not indicate where their information came from. I fact their claims are fundamentally flawed, they even state this themselves. On the on hand the state that the majority of political party member will not disclose who they voted for and then claim without stating what percentage of members responded that 41% of Labour party members voted for a party other than Labour. However their own graph shows that 45% of labour party member that responded "say" they Voted labour, 10% say the didn't vote, and 3% refused to say = 58%. therefore 42% of Labour party members that responded voted for a party other than Labour. Their claims assume a 100% response rate. That I cannot believe happened, unless Labour party members are particularly stupid and in a habit of responding to unsolicited anonymous requests for personal data (incl their voting preferences!).

Comment

Just checked the full article on YOU GOV and they do not indicate where their information came from. I fact their claims are fundamentally flawed, they even state this themselves. On the on hand the state that the majority of political party member will not disclose who they voted for and then claim without stating what percentage of members responded that 41% of Labour party members voted for a party other than Labour. However their own graph shows that 45% of labour party member that responded "say" they Voted labour, 10% say the didn't vote, and 3% refused to say = 58%. therefore 42% of Labour party members that responded voted for a party other than Labour. Their claims assume a 100% response rate. That I cannot believe happened, unless Labour party members are particularly stupid and in a habit of responding to unsolicited anonymous requests for personal data (incl their voting preferences!).
        And yet, somehow, you feel that your unsubstantiated anecdotal data carries more weight and is correct.

Do you see the discrepancy?

Comment

Do you understand now how sadly mistaken you were to muddle up voters for a party with party members?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            Do you understand now how sadly mistaken you were to muddle up voters for a party with party members?
            I'm not muddling up anything. The results just don't stack up to scrutiny.

Comment

If you're not muddling things up, why were you talking about Labour and Tory voters rather than members?

Comment

Do you know what the word “scrutiny” means?

The plural of “anecdote” is not “data”.

Comment

God you are a dick

Comment

What we do know is that Yorkie is in a strong position to retain his Cretin of the Year dunce's hat.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      If you're not muddling things up, why were you talking about Labour and Tory voters rather than members?
                      I wasn't nor did I ever user the word VOTERS. I may have used the word VOTE when referring to how party members VOTED, but it was YOU not I that made the link between the word VOTE and VOTERS.

I'll try not to use big words in the future if it helps you understanding.

Comment

Working...
                      X