• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bon appetit, Brexit Britain (TRIGGER WARNING)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bon appetit, Brexit Britain (TRIGGER WARNING)

Chemical checkout: find out what could be hiding in your weekly shop | US news | The Guardian

American groceries often contain added substances that are more tightly regulated – or simply banned – in other countries.

Food in the US, in contrast to Europe, can be made with new chemicals that haven’t passed a government safety evaluation. As a result, Americans may consume over 10,000 additives, thousands of which have been introduced without the government’s knowledge. The FDA and EPA defend the chemicals in our food as safe or safe in limited amounts. But the system also assumes that consumers have enough information to make their own decisions.

Find out what additives, pesticides and antibiotics you could be buying – and how you might avoid them.

According to BlasterBates, the USA will not come to an arragement with the UK unless the UK comes to an arrangement with the EU. And an arrangement with the EU would stop an arrangement with the USA!

So if we listen to BB then this thread is irrelevant.

Of course, BB is a remoaner so MUST be right.

Comment

I'm just pointing out what Nancy Pelosi said.

Believe it or not, as you wish. The US electorate has spoken.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        According to BlasterBates, the USA will not come to an arragement with the UK unless the UK comes to an arrangement with the EU. And an arrangement with the EU would stop an arrangement with the USA!

So if we listen to BB then this thread is irrelevant.

Of course, BB is a remoaner so MUST be right.
        You have unsurprisingly made a logical error.

Just because Remain is the position taken by all clever people (with the exception of clever disaster capitalists who actively want to destroy the conditions of the middle and working classes), does not mean that all Remainers are clever. Some cretins (e.g. Scoots) will wander into a Remain position at random through a kind of Brownian motion.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          I'm just pointing out what Nancy Pelosi said.

Believe it or not, as you wish. The US electorate has spoken.
          That's democracy for you in the land of the free. The US electorate of one, Nancy Pelosi. Who is she backing for the next president? save on 18 months of political b*ll*cks from the US.
          I feel I must apologise for taking your post too literally.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            You have unsurprisingly made a logical error.

Just because Remain is the position taken by all clever people (with the exception of clever disaster capitalists who actively want to destroy the conditions of the middle and working classes), does not mean that all Remainers are clever. Some cretins (e.g. Scoots) will wander into a Remain position at random through a kind of Brownian motion.
            And you have made a failed to detect sarcasm error.

But I forgive you.

Talking of stupid remoaners, where is your mate sassy?

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
              That's democracy for you in the land of the free. The US electorate of one, Nancy Pelosi. Who is she backing for the next president? save on 18 months of political b*ll*cks from the US.
              When the US electorate voted in a Democratic congress they basically stopped a no deal Brexit.

That's really bad luck.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                And you have made a failed to detect sarcasm error.

But I forgive you.

Talking of stupid remoaners, where is your mate sassy?

You forget that as a remainer there is a certain amount of German influence and the German's just don't get sarcasm.

Comment

Your post is yet again too garbled to take literally.

Comment

You forget that as a remainer there is a certain amount of German influence and the German's just don't get sarcasm.
                    Which is where you fall down...
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X