• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BOJO off to court

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    if every untrue or dubious claim made by a politician was subject to court action, most of them would have no time left to spend in parliament. These things should be part of public debate.
    Perhaps if lying political scum was getting real jail sentences, there would be honest politicians in Parliament? It's not hard not to lie - and let's not forget, they are doing it for their personal gain, this is obtaining money by deception - fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Excellent. I'm not a fan of Blow Job, I prefer public figures who think a bit more before opening their gobs, but if every untrue or dubious claim made by a politician was subject to court action, most of them would have no time left to spend in parliament. These things should be part of public debate.
      One of them needs some jail time pour encourager les autres.
      Maybe a few more than one for good measure.
      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
      Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Home Secretary Sajid Javid wrote on Twitter: 'Very glad to see the court case against Boris Johnson thrown out. Freedom of speech feels increasingly challenged - we should always seek to debate political arguments in the open rather than close them down.'
        Yet he won't debate it and when proved wrong, won't admit it so that's bollocks from another lying little tulip...
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

He didn't face a trial and didn't even attend.

Oh and listen to the snowflake who wasted his life and money

Brexit: Boris Johnson GBP350m claim case thrown out by judges - BBC News

Speaking outside court, Mr Ball said he had spent more than the £300,000 he raised on the case, leaving him in "massive debt".

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Perhaps if lying political scum was getting real jail sentences, there would be honest politicians in Parliament? It's not hard not to lie - and let's not forget, they are doing it for their personal gain, this is obtaining money by deception - fraud.
            I can't recall the story, but I remember reading something like...

"We'll need to get the Prime Minister involved. I'll call him in his prison cell".
            "Your PM is in prison?".
            "Oh yes. As soon as politicians are elected, we imprison them. It saves time."
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It's not hard not to lie
              Maybe, but then many people may make incorrect claims that they honestly think are true. Should we all do umpteen hours of research before we say anything? Is every point somebody makes supposed to be tested in a court of law?
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Boris Johnson described gay people as "bumboys", compared equal marriage to three men marrying a dog, discussed beating up a journalist with a criminal, called black people "piccaninnies" with "watermelon smiles", and was sacked twice for dishonesty.
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Boris Johnson described gay people as "bumboys", compared equal marriage to three men marrying a dog, discussed beating up a journalist with a criminal, called black people "piccaninnies" with "watermelon smiles", and was sacked twice for dishonesty.
                  Is there a link for that or is it just one of your brain farts?

Mind you, I suspect it would appeal to Tory party members.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Is there a link for that or is it just one of your brain farts?

Mind you, I suspect it would appeal to Tory party members.....
                    Google too difficult for you?

Before becoming the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson wrote that "the Queen has come to love the Commonwealth, partly because it supplies her with regular cheering crowds of flag-waving piccaninnies." He later apologised for the article.
                    Mind you, in good company:

The term was controversially used ("wide-grinning picaninnies") by the British Conservative politician Enoch Powell when he quoted a letter in his "Rivers of Blood" speech on 20 April 1968.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      He didn't face a trial and didn't even attend.

Oh and listen to the snowflake who wasted his life and money

Brexit: Boris Johnson GBP350m claim case thrown out by judges - BBC News

You can see why he feels at home in the EU!

Brexit news: Crowdfunder behind Boris Johnson court case spent THOUSANDS in donations | Politics | News | Express.co.uk

But a spending report Mr Ball has posted on his Brexit Justice campaign website have brought his own outgoings under the spotlight. The report shows £47,000 was taken out for his own needs, including paying himself a salary of more than £36,000 over the combined two years.

More than £6,000 has been spent on a rented, high security flat in the London business district of Canary Wharf to use both as a home and office.
                      He told the MailOnline: “As I felt the case got closer to being actionable I began to think about my own personal security and safety a lot more.

lets hope he thought about benefit in kind and tax !
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X