• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Foreign election interference

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    So you listen to Obama and not Trump.

There again, you don't believe in democracy anyway.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...eading-claims/

Comment

Maybe an idea for PM BoJo after hard brexit Impose high tariffs on the EU and rest of the world to stop immigration
      Trump to hit Mexico with tariffs in anti-immigration measure - BBC News

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        You mean Obama argued that he had a right to respond to the claims of Brexit campaigners that Britain would easily be able to negotiate a fresh trade deal with the US. “They are voicing an opinion about what the United States is going to do, I figured you might want to hear from the president of the United States what I think the United States is going to do.“And on that matter, for example, I think it’s fair to say that maybe some point down the line there might be a UK-US trade agreement, but it’s not going to happen any time soon because our focus is in negotiating with a big bloc, the European Union, to get a trade agreement done”.

So the Brexit campaigners were claiming that he would do something, and he said they were wrong.

Is that scaremongering, or responding to false claims made by known liars?
        The truth scares liars.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          Maybe an idea for PM BoJo after hard brexit Impose high tariffs on the EU and rest of the world to stop immigration
          Trump to hit Mexico with tariffs in anti-immigration measure - BBC News
          It's the only plan that seems half sensible for Tory Scum - use tariffs as proxy for VAT increase (but without breaking manifesto promise), cut VAT a bit, income tax a bit and declare they've won.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            It's the only plan that seems half sensible for Tory Scum - use tariffs as proxy for VAT increase (but without breaking manifesto promise), cut VAT a bit, income tax a bit and declare they've won.
            Breaching the GFA.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Breaching the GFA.

We're not allowed to talk about that, remember?

There must be lots of solutions to it, but none that anyone can think of.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                So you listen to Obama and not Trump.

There again, you don't believe in democracy anyway.

I believe in democracy. Thats why every few years we have democratic votes to decide who should represent us in various levels of government.

Comment

Trump can't deliver a US-UK trade deal without approval from Congress and as far as they're concerned the UK is at the back of the queue.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                    Trump can't deliver a US-UK trade deal without approval from Congress and as far as they're concerned the UK is at the back of the queue.

That's a lie, you're a scaremonger, etc.

Rinse and repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      I believe in democracy. Thats why every few years we have democratic votes to decide who should represent us in various levels of government.
                      Sounds like sabotage and treason. The true democratic defenders of the folk demand an Enabling Act.

Comment

Working...
                      X