• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Election DOOM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bean View Post
    No.

Have you?
    No, but I have no problems unlike you

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      I am glad you are aware of your rights. But maybe you do not know the difference between an order and encouragement. I am sorry if it seemed to you that I was giving you orders! Do you need some help to understand the difference?
      No, that's not required.

Oh don't despair, I simply wanted to understand the reasoning behind the change in your sign-off.

Even if you were to give an order on CUK, it's almost certain, that anyone on the receiving end (and everyone reading it) would just think you a pillock.

HTH
      Originally posted by Old Greg
      I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
        No, but I have no problems unlike you
        Best get back to your language textbooks, as it seems you have misinterpreted my post.

I asked if OG wanted me to not keep it up anymore, I did not however, state I had a problem either way.

HTH BIDI

Ps. You have plenty of problems, as we can all see from your posts and ban(s), etc.
        ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          We must be careful not to make Bean sad again. If someone says to him, 'Come to my birthday party,' or, 'Have a nice weekend', he thinks that he is being ordered in contravention to his rights.
          "Come to my birthday party" - can be used as an order, depending on tone & context.

Or do you disagree?
          ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

I'm fully aware of my rights.

It's just that before, you seemed to be giving orders to 'keep it up' and have now stopped, why?
            No, that's not required.

Oh don't despair, I simply wanted to understand the reasoning behind the change in your sign-off.

Even if you were to give an order on CUK, it's almost certain, that anyone on the receiving end (and everyone reading it) would just think you a pillock.

HTH
            Well done, Bean! Before it seemed to you that 'Keep it up,' was ordering you. And now you know that it wasn't ordering you. You have learned something! That is really good. Keep it up!

Comment

Working...
            X