• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is the UK in Europe?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    The United Kingdom is a sovereign state located off the north-western coast of continental Europe.

Hope that helps you foreign chaps.
    Then why does it needs the EU's permission to leave?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

An educated chap such as yourself should know that "is located off" is not the same as "is located in".

Hth.
      Let's make it super easy for an uneducated chap such as yourself:

The United Kingdom, commonly known as Britain, is an independent island nation located in the north-western parts of Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        So is Australias - according to the Eurovision song contest. Waiting for them to win so they host it.
        Eurovision is pan-country, pan-continent organisation. Anyone country can apply to be part of it. If Australia were to win, it's already been agreed they'd host it in a European country. It's just got Euro in its name for historical reasons.
        Originally posted by meridian View Post
        Or Islas Malvinas.
        Not part of Europe. Nor the EU. Nor the common market.

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        ...The incident took place in Italy - which (like the rest of Europe) we are told is a paradise...
        Who told you? No-one. There are smegheads everywhere. No-one here thinks that any country in the entire world is perfect or a paradise in all aspects. Except possibly some deluded nationalists.

Let me take this opportunity to refer you to my previous post...
        So you really think that if the UK leaves the EU, it will no longer be part of the historical continent of Europe? And I thought I was deluded.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Eurovision is pan-country, pan-continent organisation. Anyone country can apply to be part of it. If Australia were to win, it's already been agreed they'd host it in a European country. It's just got Euro in its name for historical reasons.
          That will mess up MrsBP if Oz win! Every year she does food from the winner/host country. So will she pick the winner or the host country?

Comment

This is true, but are you maintaining that the UK is not in Europe? (Hint - it is).
            Of course the UK is not in Europe.

I use this handy map which clearly shows us outside Europe.

Continental System - Wikipedia

Comment

Using your handy map, Portugal isn't in Europe either.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Using your handy map, Portugal isn't in Europe either.

He's living in an imperialist dream, he's just struggling to remember which empire it is.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  He's living in an imperialist dream, he's just struggling to remember which empire it is.
                  I love them all equally, like children.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      Independent Scotland, I don't think so!

Comment

Working...
                      X