• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Luftwaffe One

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luftwaffe One

EU boss Jean Claude Juncker moans that he doesn't have an Air Force One-style private jet | Daily Mail Online

I think the UK should remain. But only if Luftwaffe One has its own on board bar.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    EU boss Jean Claude Juncker moans that he doesn't have an Air Force One-style private jet | Daily Mail Online

I think the UK should remain. But only if Luftwaffe One has its on on board bar.
    Misleading headline - check.
    Reference to the war - check.
    Reference to Germany, even though Germany has only provided one President in the EU history? - check
    Daily Mail? Of course.

Comment

Well he said

"When I was talking to Donald Trump, I was constantly looking at my watch so that I wouldn’t miss my flight home. Trump kept saying, "Your ‘plane can wait!", he didn’t realise that I didn’t have my own aeroplane.'"

Or was that just about 'raising awareness'?

Or what about this tweet

"In 2014, while campaigning for the position of President of the European Commission, he tweeted: 'The Americans have Air Force One. I don't. But I am still campaigning all over Europe! #withJuncker'"

So when you say the headline is misleading - well it's not.

Not sure where it says anything about the war or Germany other to reference the fact Merkle is going and he will miss his 'piece of art'

But also things like

"He said he hoped that 20 years from now there was more integration bnetween peoples of Europe and warmer feelings about the EU itself."

What on top of the 45 years there have already been?

Also

"I would also like the Member States to try to learn more about each other. I am sad that the Luxembourgers know nothing about the Sami and the Bavarians nothing about the Sicilians. "

Is anyone ever going to ask in all seriousness why Luxembourgers know nothing about the Sami or Bavarians about the Sicilians?

Could it be because they do not give a fook?

And why does Junker think the EU means they should?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
        Misleading headline - check.
        Reference to the war - check.
        Reference to Germany, even though Germany has only provided one President in the EU history? - check
        Daily Mail? Of course.
        Ignoring EU overspend - check.

Comment

Ignoring EU overspend - check.
          you mean overspend such as not having a private jet?

Comment

I think the UK should remain. But only if Luftwaffe One has its on on board bar.
            Jean Claude Juncker is from Luxemburg; why would he want the Luftwaffe to fly his private jet?
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              Jean Claude Juncker is from Luxemburg; why would he want the Luftwaffe to fly his private jet?
              Just a small point of minor interest: the Luftwaffe more or less built Findel (ref.: Luxembourg Airport - Wikipedia).
              It has a very extensive international newspaper shop as I seem to recall.
              ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
              Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Well he said

"When I was talking to Donald Trump, I was constantly looking at my watch so that I wouldn’t miss my flight home. Trump kept saying, "Your ‘plane can wait!", he didn’t realise that I didn’t have my own aeroplane.'"
                That was Juncker pointing out that Donald Trump is an ignorant arse.
                Or what about this tweet

"In 2014, while campaigning for the position of President of the European Commission, he tweeted: 'The Americans have Air Force One. I don't. But I am still campaigning all over Europe! #withJuncker'"
                That was Juncker pointing out how privileged the US president is, and how much a better person he is, as he doesn't need his own plane to campaign all over Europe*.

So when you say the headline is misleading - well it's not.
                Yes it is, because it's guiding the readers to a particular interpretation. Which gullible idiots like you swallow without the slightest element of critical thought.

* If it helps, I think Juncker is a drunken smeghead and a thoroughly nasty piece of work.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  That was Juncker pointing out that Donald Trump is an ignorant arse.
                  That was Juncker pointing out how privileged the US president is, and how much a better person he is, as he doesn't need his own plane to campaign all over Europe*.

Yes it is, because it's guiding the readers to a particular interpretation. Which gullible idiots like you swallow without the slightest element of critical thought.

* If it helps, I think Juncker is a drunken smeghead and a thoroughly nasty piece of work.
                  You tell him Nat. Junker is a living bloody saint. Hasnt got a selfish bone in his body.

He was just pointing out how much more money America wastes than the EU. God bless him, guv. I don't begrudges him anything, what if he likes the expensive wine in the EU cellars, deserves a tipple and a grope.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    You tell him Nat. Junker is a living bloody saint. Hasnt got a selfish bone in his body.

He was just pointing out how much more money America wastes than the EU. God bless him, guv. I don't begrudges him anything, what if he likes the expensive wine in the EU cellars, deserves a tipple and a grope.
                    You've finally found the killer argument as to why it's critical to trash the British economy.

Jacob and Nanny will be proud.

Comment

Working...
                    X