• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No deal economic blood bath

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I guess some people are happy paying more for goods and taxes to support people in industries that are not competitive.
    They sure are, it happens all the time. Once the price reaches a tipping point though, people will no longer buy.

“Competitive” is comparative, though. Competitive within the U.K.? The EU? On a Global scale? Paying more so that local communities survive is sometimes both wanted and necessary.

Comment

Try to make a bit more sense now. Remember, use google translate if you get stuck.
      You know what, I speak 4 languages fluently and 6 at intermediate level, I know better than google translate and 99.999% of brexiteers

Comment

Another remainer without the foggiest idea of how economies work.
        Perhaps you can point to the page in the Brexit Party manifesto which can support your view that Brexit isn't just way of shoving up Trade barriers.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          You know what, I speak 4 languages fluently and 6 at intermediate level, I know better than google translate and 99.999% of brexiteers
          You should spend more time attempting to think rather than learning parrot fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Perhaps you can point to the page in the Brexit Party manifesto which can support your view that Brexit isn't just way of shoving up Trade barriers.
            I'm not your pointing buddy, buddy. Do a bit of learnin.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
              Not to mention comfort blankets, bedtime stories and No More Tears shampoo for the Old Gammonflake in your life! With CUK expats, we’ll Make Gammon Great Again!
              Popcorn will do fine.

Comment

You should spend more time attempting to think rather than learning parrot fashion.
                Thinking, the problem with brexidiots is that they just can't, they hear what their Fuehrers Farage, BoJo and JRM say and follow them blindly and believe every word unchecked

Comment

This one: The Brexit Party Manifesto which is probably more realistic than this one: Home - The Brexit Party
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I'm not your pointing buddy, buddy. Do a bit of learnin.
                    I've done a bit of research on Brexit economics and I came up with "f*** business".
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

I've done a bit of research on Brexit economics and I came up with "f*** business".
                      There is always Prof. Minford:

Over time, if we left the EU, it seems likely that we would mostly eliminate manufacturing, leaving mainly industries such as design, marketing and hi-tech. But this shouldn’t scare us.

Britain is good at putting on a suit and selling to other nations.

Around half of young adults now go to university, ending up in professions such as finance or law, while the making of things such as car parts or carpentry has hugely shrunk — but there will always be jobs for people
                      without sophisticated skills.

Comment

Working...
                      X