• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Totally not Brexit related

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    In 2015 Ford announced investment plans to manufacture new types of petrol engines at Bridgend. I wonder what has changed since 2015 ?

It would be wrong to blame Brexit, it was probably due to the decline in the demand for diesel engines.
    Sanand?
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

In 2015 Ford announced investment plans to manufacture new types of petrol engines at Bridgend. I wonder what has changed since 2015 ?

It would be wrong to blame Brexit, it was probably due to the decline in the demand for diesel engines.
      Wages are now so high that only high end sectors like biscuits can afford to expand.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Wages are now so high that only high end sectors like biscuits can afford to expand.
        I think it just just hurts a spineless expat like you that the UK is in the midst of an economic boom and the majority of the people here are living the good life.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          I think it just just hurts a spineless expat like you that the UK is in the midst of an economic boom and the majority of the people here are living the good life.
          That's where you went wrong, my cretinous little friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
            That's where you went wrong, my crustacouslittle friend.
            FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              Sanand?
              Sanand was there in 2015 but they still intended to invest in Bridgend, what's changed ?
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Sanand was there in 2015 but they still intended to invest in Bridgend, what's changed ?
                They hired in PC as temp desktop support and lost the will to continue.

Comment

I'm guessing lack of demand. Why buy a Ford when you can have a Merc?
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Ford not investing in petrol engines anymore. Focusing on Electric.

Bridgend is not the only Ford plant suffering. Ford is also closing a plant in Bordeaux and cutting thousand of jobs in Germany.

Ford Bridgend engine plant 'to close in 2020' - BBC News

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      Nurse!

Comment

Working...
                      X