Boris gets the check book out. Boris gets the check book out. - Page 17
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
Posts 161 to 170 of 186

More fingers than teeth

Quote Originally Posted by Zigenare View Post
    You could always **** off back to your precious Netherlands.
    Ooooh, channeling your inner Farage there...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Super poster

You could always **** off back to your precious Netherlands.
    Ofcourse little xenophobe, racist and fascist, I could, but show me one post where I say The Netherlands is precious to me

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    Not really, if your Dutch mate wants to spend his life slagging off the UK then why not do it from the warmth of his own hearth.

And Eirikur, for the record, it's not because you're foreign, it's because you're a ****.
    Last edited by Zigenare; 14th June 2019 at 11:30.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    Even Farage queued up at the German embassy to request German passports for his kids. more channeling his mate Tommy Robinson

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by BlasterBates View Post
    In the UK many devices don't actually connect to the 3rd pin. It isn't necessary for safety purposes if the device is insulated.

2 pin plugs also have an earth connection, it's just they use clips either side of the plug instead of a pin.

No difference with respect to safety.
    That correlates with a wee bit of Googling on the subject. Other posters seemed certain that there was a difference though, hence the question.

On the face if it, the “superior standards” of the U.K. 3-pin plug looks like another fallacy that doesn’t stand up to scrutiny.

Godlike

Not really, if your Dutch mate wants to spend his life slagging off the UK then why not do it from the warmth of his own hearth.

And Eirikur, for the record, it's not because you're foreign, it's because you're a ****.
    as i have remarked, on several occasions
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

Contractor Among Contractors

Quote Originally Posted by meridian View Post
    Thanks for that. Is that necessarily true, though? What you appear to be saying is that a child can safely stick a fork into a U.K. socket and not be electrocuted?
    Yes.

Go have a look at a UK plug, whilst paying close attention to the bottom two holes - now stick a fork in the top hole and watch as magic happens before your eyes.

The top hole is a safety device, that when the top prong is inserted, elevates the safety barriers in the bottom 2 holes, to allow the bottom 2 prongs to make a circuit.

So yes, the UK plug is objectively safer than the 2 hole equivalent.

Perhaps on the continent, they're using it as a form of Darwinian selection for children?
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Yes.

Go have a look at a UK plug, whilst paying close attention to the bottom two holes - now stick a fork in the top hole and watch as magic happens before your eyes.

The top hole is a safety device, that when the top prong is inserted, elevates the safety barriers in the bottom 2 holes, to allow the bottom 2 prongs to make a circuit.

So yes, the UK plug is objectively safer than the 2 hole equivalent.

Perhaps on the continent, they're using it as a form of Darwinian selection for children?
    Yep, I’d popped off for a lunchtime wander and was thinking about it and came to the same conclusion while I was thinking through what you were saying originally.

While the electrical safety of equipment is the same (given the same grounded pins and equipment), it’s the third pin that prevents the other two from opening, so even those plugs with a plastic third pin play a part in the safety - thanks for that.

There’s probably a limitation of risk factor given the round two-pin plugs are smaller in pin diameter than the fat rectangular U.K. ones. So there’s possibly an argument to be made that a three-pin round plug with smaller pins is even safer.

Or perhaps children on the Continent just don’t stick objects into plug holes nearly as often as U.K. children...

Super poster

We've seen your record, you're a bloody xenophobe

Super poster

Quote Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
    We've seen your record, you're a bloody xenophobe
    So, you think I'm a xenophobe, do you have any evidence to back up this claim? Other than I voted Brexit and I think you're a ****?
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.