• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris gets the check book out.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Mortgage - 1100 <-- Really?

Well if you want a simple 3 bed semi then that is 280000 (where I am) which equates to about 1100 per month.

You could pay less - but then you end up in a less salubrious environment with worse schools and higher crime

and if you earn 60k a year that is not what you want for your kids?

Maybe I am wrong though.
    Or you could just move out of the SE

4 bedroom, huge detached house and I paid less than £280,000
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

Cheshire darling.

[emoji898]

Comment

Cheshire darling.

[emoji898]
        Enough said,

I'm working in Altrincham at the moment, proof money doesn't buy class!
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Indeed there are plenty of inexpensive houses. Everyone moans because they can't afford a penthouse in the City Centre.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Enough said,

I'm working in Altrincham at the moment, proof money doesn't buy class!
            Do you have kids?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              You have a mortgage? I had you down as a who'd paid his mortgage off yonks ago.
              I cannot believe you assumed my age and gender..

Off to the re-education camps for you.

[emoji16]

But actually I am Gen X and have about half my 25 year mortgage to clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                People earning 100k would benefit more than people earning 60k.
                Ok so without the 'rich' people going out for coffee,beer food etc etc

What jobs do the 'poor' do?

Read an interesting article the other day about the problem of the mega rich having so much money they cannot spend it so it sits around not being used.

Where as you give the man on the street an extra few quid and that goes straight back into the economy.

Comment

Ok so without the 'rich' people going out for coffee,beer food etc etc

What jobs do the 'poor' do?

Read an interesting article the other day about the problem of the mega rich having so much money they cannot spend it so it sits around not being used.

Where as you give the man on the street an extra few quid and that goes straight back into the economy.
                  So if you gave people earning 30k got a tax cut, there would be more money circulating. All things being equal etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    So if you gave people earning 30k got a tax cut, there would be more money circulating. All things being equal etc.
                    Well yes but as I proved the person trying to raise a family on 60 may well be in a worse position.

The worst case scenario is that people invest in their pension and the best case is they give the extra to charity.

Maybe drop the lower and raise the higher thresholds at the same time?

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      You have a mortgage? I had you down as a who'd paid his mortgage off yonks ago.
                      Successful contractors will have paid off their mortgage. oPM, is not a successful contractor He's not the only one of here ..... they all voted Brexit
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X