• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris gets the check book out.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    We've seen your record, you're a bloody xenophobe
    How many times have you been banned for racism?

Cretin.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
      Yes.

Go have a look at a UK plug, whilst paying close attention to the bottom two holes - now stick a fork in the top hole and watch as magic happens before your eyes.

The top hole is a safety device, that when the top prong is inserted, elevates the safety barriers in the bottom 2 holes, to allow the bottom 2 prongs to make a circuit.

So yes, the UK plug is objectively safer than the 2 hole equivalent.

Perhaps on the continent, they're using it as a form of Darwinian selection for children?
      I just stuck a fork in the plug here, all it does is trip a circuit breaker for the room.

Mind you, I look like Don King now
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Yes.

Go have a look at a UK plug, whilst paying close attention to the bottom two holes - now stick a fork in the top hole and watch as magic happens before your eyes.

The top hole is a safety device, that when the top prong is inserted, elevates the safety barriers in the bottom 2 holes, to allow the bottom 2 prongs to make a circuit.

So yes, the UK plug is objectively safer than the 2 hole equivalent.

Perhaps on the continent, they're using it as a form of Darwinian selection for children?
        No it isn't. Two pronged plug has a metal clip that does exactly the same thing as a three pronged plug. In other words it also has an extra ground connection, it just isn't a prong.
        Last edited by BlasterBates; 14 June 2019, 14:04.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

For people who don't understand two pronged plugs here is an explanation.

European sockets
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            For people who don't understand two pronged plugs here is an explanation.

European sockets
            Perhaps our continental cousins finally realised a safety feature was a good thing, as the old continental plugs were more like this;
            Power plug & outlet Type C - World Standards
            Originally posted by Old Greg
            I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
            ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Perhaps our continental cousins finally realised a safety feature was a good thing, as the old continental plugs were more like this;
              Two prong plugs are fine. It was the sockets that were problematical, and eventually made illegal to fit.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

How can I still post?

Comment

How can I still post?
                  Have you not met NAT before?
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Looks like a UK shaver plug.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

How can I still post?
                      A question science may never be able to explain...
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X