• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear: be afraid, be very afraid!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bean View Post
    Neither.

I'm saying the Brexit party is not classified as a far-right political party, by anyone other than you apparently...

Even McDonnell only calls them a stepping stone to the far-right, but does not actually outright call them far-right
    Brexit news: Labour’s John McDonnell fears Brexit Party is ‘stepping stone’ to far right | Politics | News | Express.co.uk

You seem to be extrapolating the labelling of Farage, to a whole party.

I doubt ~30% of the active voting electorate, voted Brexit party because the party or themselves were 'far-right'.

Still, don't let up, try and tar people for voting in a certain way....I'm sure there will be no negative consequences, a la deplorables en USA...

Get with the times grandpa...
    LOL - Wikipedia
    "Other unrelated expansions include the now mostly obsolete "lots of luck" or "lots of love" used in letter-writing.[10]"

LOL
    Do you know how much control Farage has over the party?

Nigel Farage has near-total control of Brexit party, constitution suggests | Politics | The Guardian

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      As long as I didn't conflate the leader of the Brexit Party with the former leader of UKIP, then at least I can sleep safe at night.
      Interesting post...Locking the doors and setting the alarm works for most normal westerners, but then again, you're not normal.

LOL
      Originally posted by Old Greg
      I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Is he also simultaneously all the other members of the party, or just himself?
        Originally posted by Old Greg
        I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
        ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

So we all ignoring Jo brands desire to chuck acid at people?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            So we all ignoring Jo brands desire to chuck acid at people?
            No. There's a thread somewhere about that story. This thread is principally about Farage.

HTH

Comment

The contextual use of 'rifle' and 'khaki' make his intent very clear.
              Really? What is his intent, according to your powers of reasoning?
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                Really? What is his intent, according to your powers of reasoning?
                To take paramilitary (don khaki) armed (rifle) action (front line) against the state, presumably in the cause of democracy to enforce the result of the referendum.

Comment

To take paramilitary (don khaki) armed (rifle) action (front line) against the state, presumably in the cause of democracy to enforce the result of the referendum.
                  Then either you're being deliberately provocative or you really are thick.
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I suspect current polls do not predict what will happen in a general election as Brexit is not going to be the only issue when we will be stuck with a party for 5 years. People may start looking at other policies.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                      Then either you're being deliberately provocative or you really are thick.
                      Either you're being deliberately an apologist or you really are thick.

Comment

Working...
                      X