• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh dear: be afraid, be very afraid!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear: be afraid, be very afraid!

Conservative party donors have opened secret talks with Nigel Farage about an electoral pact which would see the party not stand candidates against the Brexit Party in dozens of seats at a snap general election.

Speculation is growing that the next Tory leader will have to call a snap election to bring in new MPs who will agree to take the UK out of the European Union by the end of October.

A new poll in the Sunday Times put Mr Farage's Brexit Party in first place on 24 per cent, three points ahead of the Tories and Labour on 21 per cent

Exclusive: Conservative donors open secret talks with Nigel Farage on general election pact to save Brexit

Sounds interesting but if there is a pact between the Tories and the Brexit party, then Tory voters will know they're actually voting for is a sort of extended Brexit party.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Why vote for Tory Scum when one can vote for Brexit party?

Fooking morons

Comment

Who would have thought, Brexit voters are basically Tory voters

The Tories are going to get trashed at the next election. They better hope Corbyn is still leading Labour and still hasn't worked out his Brexit strategy. If Labour ever do sort their shyt out they will destroy the Tories
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

The Tories are going to get trashed at the next election. They better hope Corbyn is still leading Labour and still hasn't worked out his Brexit strategy. If Labour ever do sort their shyt out they will destroy the Tories
          that does seem to be the issue, a tulipe would do a better job of running the Labour party,
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            I've said before but you dunderheads can't see it that outside of London most Labour voters are Brexit voters and Brexit isn't a party political thing. Farage owes his current success to this

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
              I've said before but you dunderheads can't see it that outside of London most Labour voters are Brexit voters and Brexit isn't a party political thing. Farage owes his current success to this
              That's what they said before the Peterborough by election. Peterborough should have been a shoe in for the Brexit party.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                That's what they said before the Peterborough by election. Peterborough should have been a shoe in for the Brexit party.
                From zero to just 600 votes off winning for their first parliamentary election and in the face of Labour trickery was a good result and provided intel which will improve the performance in future campaigns

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

It will be after they empty the bins!

Authorities insist ‘no evidence’ of electoral fraud in the Peterborough by-election as police investigate allegations - Peterborough Telegraph

Nevertheless, Conservative city councillor Shazia Bashir, who was formerly a Labour supporter, alleged to the PT that a few years ago she had seen electoral fraud first-hand in Eastern European and Asian areas of the city and firmly believes it still happens now.
                  She also claimed voters are told to take photographs to prove who they voted for, even though polling stations display signs stating that photography is forbidden.
                  she a bad loser as well?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    she a bad loser as well?

Are you saying that UK democracy should be ignored, and the far reicht must be given the victory at any cost, cause if we don't let them win, they will pick up rifles to fight on the front line?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X