We must choose the open sea! We must choose the open sea! - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 88
  1. #21

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    13,781

    Default

    If you have a common market you need common rules.

    That's what the EU is all about.

    USMCA also involves the US meddling in "Mexico's sovereignty". The US China trade deal also involves the US meddling in China's sovereignty.

    The difference with the EU is that the UK can veto anything it doesn't like, whereas Mexico and China have to swallow whatever the US shoves down their throat.
    I'm alright Jack

  2. #22

    Nice But Dim

    DaveB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    19,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Surprised Old Greg et al haven't started a séance to ask Winston exactly how our sovereignty has been lost...
    Why would he need to?

    Churchill was saying that under the right conditions the Liberals and Conservatives would accept some greater or lesser degree of reduction in Sovereignty as part of a wider European community.

    His view was that National Sovereignty was not inviolate but was open to change depending on the circumstances.

    Unfortunately that doesn't really chime with the Leaver rhetoric when invoking his spirit in the name of Brexit.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

  3. #23

    Super poster

    Zigenare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Why would he need to?

    Churchill was saying that under the right conditions the Liberals and Conservatives would accept some greater or lesser degree of reduction in Sovereignty as part of a wider European community.

    His view was that National Sovereignty was not inviolate but was open to change depending on the circumstances.

    Unfortunately that doesn't really chime with the Leaver rhetoric when invoking his spirit in the name of Brexit.
    Doesn't really matter though, does it?

    Depending on the circumstances. Do you think the circumstances are right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.

  4. #24

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    17,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zigenare View Post
    Doesn't really matter though, does it?

    Depending on the circumstances. Do you think the circumstances are right?

    Circumstances are right to pick up rifles to anyone preventing unelected Farage's version of Brexit?
    Strong and Stable Moderation

  5. #25

    Super poster

    Zigenare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Circumstances are right to pick up rifles to anyone preventing unelected Farage's version of Brexit?
    What is Farage's version of Brexit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.

  6. #26

    Nice But Dim

    DaveB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    19,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zigenare View Post
    What is Farage's version of Brexit?
    Why dont you ask him, he doesn't really seem to have clarified it yet.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

  7. #27

    Nice But Dim

    DaveB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    19,804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zigenare View Post
    Doesn't really matter though, does it?

    Depending on the circumstances. Do you think the circumstances are right?
    Irrelevent. The Leaver rhetoric as per your original fake quote, is that we should invoke the "Churchillian Spirit", claim back our sovereignty and be done with the evil interfering EU.

    Churchills view was that Sovereignty was not inviolate and could be abrogated to a greater or lesser degree for the common good.

    How do you, as a leave support, square that?
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

  8. #28

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    17,023

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zigenare View Post
    What is Farage's version of Brexit?

    You mean you don't know?

    He said in his statement "If they don't deliver this Brexit that I've spent 25 years of my life working for"

    What has he been working for over the last 25 years? (I realise some might not accept it, but he used to lead another party called UKIP)

    Perhaps some members of the Farage Youth can tell us what he wants.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

  9. #29

    Super poster

    Zigenare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Why dont you ask him, he doesn't really seem to have clarified it yet.
    Because there seem to be a few people on here who seem pretty certain that they know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.

  10. #30

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    17,023

    Default

    How has this thread gone from being about Winston Churchill to being about Farage, the antithesis of Churchill?
    Strong and Stable Moderation

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •