• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We must choose the open sea!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    You mean you don't know?

He said in his statement "If they don't deliver this Brexit that I've spent 25 years of my life working for"

What has he been working for over the last 25 years? (I realise some might not accept it, but he used to lead another party called UKIP)

Perhaps some members of the Farage Youth can tell us what he wants.
    Or perhaps, Wikipedia can tell you?

Brexit Party - Wikipedia
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

How has this thread gone from being about Winston Churchill to being about Farage, the antithesis of Churchill?
      You mentioned him first in this thread, post #18.

Are you not happy others are talking about someone whom you introduced to the thread?

You clueless muppet, have a word with yourself.
      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post

Brexit Party - Wikipedia
        "The party's lead aim is its desire for the United Kingdom to leave the European Union and then trade with countries on World Trade Organization terms."

Oooh, how right wing can you get?
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          Why would he need to?

Churchill was saying that under the right conditions the Liberals and Conservatives would accept some greater or lesser degree of reduction in Sovereignty as part of a wider European community.

His view was that National Sovereignty was not inviolate but was open to change depending on the circumstances.

Unfortunately that doesn't really chime with the Leaver rhetoric when invoking his spirit in the name of Brexit.
          The remainer claim, is that Sovereignty was always ours.

I CBA to find the posts/threads, but that (it was always ours) is the usual reply when any leave voter airs 'Sovereignty' as a reason for their voting leave.

Winston is obviously saying we would lose some.

Square that circle, remainers...
          ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Brexit Party - Wikipedia

That's a link to The Brexit Party, founded a few months ago, not Nigel Farage's idea of Brexit for the last 25 years.

Perhaps you can provide the answer to the question, rather than a deflection to something completely irrelevant.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

You mentioned him first in this thread, post #18.

Are you not happy others are talking about someone whom you introduced to the thread?

You mentioned Old Greg in your first post on this thread, that doesn't mean the thread is all about him, eh?

Comment

Don't you like answering simple questions, or do you only function by misquoting others?
                More butter than a ******* dairy.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

The remainer claim, is that Sovereignty was always ours.

I CBA to find the posts/threads, but that (it was always ours) is the usual reply when any leave voter airs 'Sovereignty' as a reason for their voting leave.

Winston is obviously saying we would lose some.

Square that circle, remainers...
                  It’s not difficult to understand or square.

When we join with other nations however tightly or loosely coupled (whether by treaty, FTA, whatever) we pool and/or lose some of our sovereignty.

The key is that, as a sovereign nation, we can always withdraw from those agreements. Nobody else can force us to remain tied to them. Withdrawal and the consequent regathering of “sovereignty” doesn’t come without consequences though, we will have lost the gains (in trade, in pooled power, etc) that we were trading or pooling that part of our sovereignty for.

A simple example would be, in a proposed FTA with the USA we would come to an agreement on certain standards. We cannot then change those standards unilaterally, we need to agree. We have lost that sovereign power to change a standard on our own. We can always choose as a sovereign nation to withdraw from the FTA, but we lose any benefits of that FTA in the process.

A caveat is for certain agreements that we cannot withdraw from, usually international treaties. We can’t withdraw from conventions on international war crimes, for example, and claim that those conventions no longer apply to us.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    More butter than a ******* dairy.
                    Are you a Millwall player?

Comment

Are you a Millwall player?
                      Obviously not. And you obviously didn't get the Mods job because of your IQ.

Comment

Working...
                      X