• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The breakup of the UK inevitable

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    And yet you're still here.
    I am very tolerant of you all.

Comment

Don't fret.

If the Scots do eventually have another referendum and do vote for separation then Westminster will simply "respect" the result.

It's the way referendum's work don't you know?

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
        Don't fret.

If the Scots do eventually have another referendum and do vote for separation then Westminster will simply "respect" the result.

Exactly, which is why the EU respects the results of the UK referendum and is sitting there twiddling its thumbs waiting for the UK to do something.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
          Don't fret.

and what happens if the Scots have second thoughts after they've negotiated the seperation deal, will Westminster shove it down their throat?
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            and what happens if the Scots have second thoughts after they've negotiated the seperation deal, will Westminster shove it down their throat?
            Sturgeon will sign it anyway.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              The bit of the 3M site I worked at has been empty for years, though the sticky tape bit is still going strong.
              That was then: 3M Gorseinon will shut next year with the final 108 employees down the road.

Apparently demand for sticky tape isn't what it was.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I don't understand how can the public say that immigrants steal their job and you don't see them applying now to work in construction, hospitality or bars !!!! Yes the job the immigrant were "stealing" were low paid job that no UK citizen wanted to work.. Now with the Brexit all imported products will go up in price (that include almost every product)....

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTools View Post
                  Now with the Brexit all imported products will go up in price (that include almost every product)....
                  You win some, you lose some. I'm sure we're better off health wise now that the NHS has been getting 350 million every week since we left. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

You win some, you lose some. I'm sure we're better off health wise now that the NHS has been getting 350 million every week since we left. Right?
                    Except they've been getting £480m a week...
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Except they've been getting £480m a week...
                      Seeing as the Vote Leave, or whomever it was, worked out that by leaving the EU, the government would be able to give 350m to the NHS each week so presumably the extra 130m a week is going to come from your NI contributions going up?
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X