• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Latest poll - be afraid, be very afraid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest poll - be afraid, be very afraid

In the latest poll from 19th-20th June

https://mailchi.mp/survation/new-pol...e=%5BUNIQID%5D

LAB 26% CON 24% BREX 20% LD 18% GRE 6% CHUK 1% UKIP 1% AP 5%

This will deliver a Lab-Lib-SNP coalition government.

If Boris is in charge a few Brexit party voters switch to the Tories but some Tory voters leave for the Lib Dems

LAB 26% CON 26% BREX 16% LD 21% GRE 6% CHUK 1% UKIP 1% AP 5%

That result is worse for the Tory Brexit party coalition that end up with 258 seats.

be afraid
    I'm alright Jack

It will be coalition called BRExit CON

HTH

Comment

btw this poll would make sense in a country with a sensible electoral system - proportional representation

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        btw this poll would make sense in a country with a sensible electoral system - proportional representation
        Why? You're plainly not a supporter of democracy in any form!
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Why should I be afraid? Worst case, Corbyn gets in and I don't get any inheritance from my parents when they die.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            Why? You're plainly not a supporter of democracy in any form!
            I support democracy in a form of compulsory voting (to deal with voter supression techniques) and proportional representation, backed up by regular referendums like the Swiss got.

Plus guns - that's 4 pillars of healthy democracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              Why? You're plainly not a supporter of democracy in any form! the very narrow form I imagine it exists in the UK
              FTFY
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                It will be coalition called BRExit CON

HTH
                Can't see that as they are (mostly) the same voter pool. Very real risk to Tories that their vote is split with Brexit Party and in marginal seats this results in a Lib/Lab win. High possibility that Brexit win voters off Tory, but they both lose the seat to Lab/Lib

Of course, if Lab don't get their brexit message sorted the same could happen between them and Libs
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  Can't see that as they are (mostly) the same voter pool.
                  "LAB 26% CON 26% BREX 16% LD 21% GRE 6% CHUK 1% UKIP 1% AP 5%"= 102% (some numbers were rounded up)

So no, they are not same voter pool, but big question how it would work in marginals - if they make pact though, then Farage will call on the faithful to vote for Tory Scum

Comment

Latest yougov

Voting Intention: Brex 22%, Con 22%, Lab 20%, Lib Dem 19% (24-25 June) | YouGov

Comment

Working...
                    X