• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you were forming a political party what manifesto commitments would you make?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    3 day working week.
    I think this would make sense, I'd even be happy with a 10 hour day on those 3 days.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      House prices are lower than they were 15 years ago

House prices will drop when the interest rates go up, always have and they always will. You bought at a time that was very unusual just after a housing crash and the interest rates had just dropped. House prices shot up over a 10 year period, and over the following 15 years dropped in real terms.

Whilst comparing it to inflation may seem to make sense actually you should compare against wages when considering affordability.

Housing affordability in England and Wales - Office for National Statistics

Few people have been getting wage rises over the last few years.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I would remove or reduce student loans for those that study STEM subjects.

I would allow employers tax breaks for non-vocational training and apprenticeships.

But most importantly I will allow euthanisation of all the loud mouthed, inconsiderate twats that inhabit these isles, thus reducing population by at least 50%.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

But most importantly I will allow euthanisation of all the loud mouthed, inconsiderate twats that inhabit these isles, thus reducing population by 48%.
          FTFY
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            what good is that going to do, where are those with poor credit going to live?

Best way to fix BTL is to make the returns less attractive by building more homes or have less people wanting them.
            Force tenants to take out a mortgage and buy their BTL Rentals. I could get rid of mine then and retire and relax in comfort
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              I will allow euthanisation of all the loud mouthed, inconsiderate twats that inhabit these isles, thus reducing population by at least 50%.
              Wrong! 48%.....

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                Make CUK a safe space for gammonflakes.
                If that's what you really want.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  Whilst comparing it to inflation may seem to make sense actually you should compare against wages when considering affordability.

Housing affordability in England and Wales - Office for National Statistics

Few people have been getting wage rises over the last few years.
                  Not at all.

Mortgage payments are currently at 32% of mean take home pay. In 1980's it was consistently higher, in 1989 when interest rates shot up to around 15% it was 55%.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Average weekly wages in the UK

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                      Average weekly wages in the UK

Can we see that chart denominated in Euros?

Comment

Working...
                      X