• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ann Widdecombe compares EU to slave owners in maiden European Parliament speech

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well to be fair to her and she is a nutter, she didn't say which slave/owner time history she was referring to. So I don't see it as being racist.

Also, to be fair the EU is a tulip-show.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      Well to be fair to her and she is a nutter, she didn't say which slave/owner time history she was referring to. So I don't see it as being racist.

Also, to be fair the EU is a tulip-show.
      Really? Is that the best you can do? You really agree with her that our relationship with the EU is like a slave/master relationship?

Tell me fella, how many slaves through history (select any slave/owner through history that you like) has ever had the ability to walk away whenever they so desired? Oh yes, and we have a veto on what the owner can put into law .... don't recall any slaves that ever had that ability either

FFS, brexiters really are as thick and melodramatic as they come across

Dislike the EU if you want. But never claim that our relationship is like we are their slaves, as that demeans every slave, through history, to the ones in our modern world.

Idiots.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        "Ann Widdecombe sparked howls of rage in the European Parliament after comparing the EU to "oppressors" such as slave owners, feudal barons and colonial Empires before declaring, “Nous allons, wir gehen, we're off!"

Ms Widdecome was the first Brexit Party MEP to speak in the Strasbourg parliament after May's European elections on Thursday. She is now facing calls to apologise and withdraw her comments.

"There is a pattern consistent throughout history of oppressed people turning on their oppressors, slaves against their owners, the peasantry against the feudal barons, colonies against their empires and that is why Britain is leaving," she said. "

Source: Ann Widdecombe compares EU to slave owners in maiden European Parliament speech

Ann Widdecombe MP Voting Record

Voting record - Ann Widdecombe, former MP, Maidstone and The Weald - TheyWorkForYou

Consistently voted against laws to promote equality and human rights
        Generally voted against a transparent Parliament
        Almost always voted against a wholly elected House of Lords
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          Really? Is that the best you can do? You really agree with her that our relationship with the EU is like a slave/master relationship?

Tell me fella, how many slaves through history (select any slave/owner through history that you like) has ever had the ability to walk away whenever they so desired? Oh yes, and we have a veto on what the owner can put into law .... don't recall any slaves that ever had that ability either

FFS, brexiters really are as thick and melodramatic as they come across

Dislike the EU if you want. But never claim that our relationship is like we are their slaves, as that demeans every slave, through history, to the ones in our modern world.

Idiots.
          Gosh you are dramatic. Where did I liken the Eu to slave traders/masters?

Comment

Gosh you are dramatic. Where did I liken the Eu to slave traders/masters?
            You didn't. She did. You didn't condemn her. You said, "to be fair to her"

Comment

You didn't. She did. You didn't condemn her. You said, "to be fair to her"
              I bit different from your take eh, anyway your apology is accepted - lets try and bring the country together. You went all dramatic, spittle oozing down your face nuts, is that what they call triggered?

And why should I condemn her for her opinion and as I said she is a nutter. But the "to be fair to her" really refereed to it being a racist comment. I don't think it was.

Comment

I bit different from your take eh, anyway your apology is accepted - lets try and bring the country together. You went all dramatic, spittle oozing down your face nuts, is that what they call triggered?

And why should I condemn her for her opinion and as I said she is a nutter. But the "to be fair to her" really refereed to it being a racist comment. I don't think it was.
                Ha ha ha .... not a chance pal. You and your leave voting pals will never be forgiven for the mess you've created and the damage you have done to our country. Future generations will look back and condemn those that were duped to vote out.

You may not be as extreme on the Brexit front as some of the more 'challenged' leave voters on here, but I'm afraid pal you're still one of them

And if you think Bojo The Clown will try to bring the country together, you really are deluded

Comment

Ha ha ha .... not a chance pal. You and your leave voting pals will never be forgiven for the mess you've created and the damage you have done to our country. Future generations will look back and condemn those that were duped to vote out.

You may not be as extreme on the Brexit front as some of the more 'challenged' leave voters on here, but I'm afraid pal you're still one of them

And if you think Bojo The Clown will try to bring the country together, you really are deluded
                  I voted remain.

Ffs try to get something right.

Comment

I voted remain.

Ffs try to get something right.

its warthog not a broken clock.

yep bringing slavery into it was a bit extreme but on independence day she could have channelled bill pullman (yep that is for you barmy )

plenty in there to turn into plowshares.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It wasn't a speech. It was a rant.

Comment

Working...
                      X