• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More job losses due to Brexit?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    yeah the thickies are out again, can't even read

yep a german bank who have to trade mostly in London.

Hmm I suppose it does have some similarities with the EU. There seems to be a lot of corruption going on.

Deutsche Bank headquarters raided over money laundering - BBC News
    Right, that article doesn't mention anything about job losses in Germany which is what Whorty was on about. Next up, those 8,000 staff are all of it's staff in the UK, not just the investment banking operation nor just London. There are around 42,000 employees in Germany and around 20,000 in the rest of Europe and another 30,000 in the rest of the world. This cutback has actually been going on since 2015 anyway...

Up to 20,000 jobs could be axed at Deutsche Bank in a radical reorganisation of Germany's biggest bank.
    The investment bank is expected to be particularly hard hit, with many of the cuts set to affect London and New York.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Right, that article doesn't mention anything about job losses in Germany which is what Whorty was on about. Next up, those 8,000 staff are all of it's staff in the UK, not just the investment banking operation nor just London. There are around 42,000 employees in Germany and around 20,000 in the rest of Europe and another 30,000 in the rest of the world. This cutback has actually been going on since 2015 anyway...
      Can't expect him to understand what was actually written down. As is typical of his ilk, he reads what suits him, not what is actually on the screen/page
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

As per the story DB have been in trouble for years, don't worry they will just jail the German staff.

I have to laugh how much you two try to drag Brexit into any suggestion of job losses. What about Enron & Salomon Brothers, those down to Brexit too? Maybe the White star line folding can be blamed on Nigel Farage?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          As per the story DB have been in trouble for years, don't worry they will just jail the German staff.

I have to laugh how much you two try to drag Brexit into any suggestion of job losses. What about Enron & Salomon Brothers, those down to Brexit too? Maybe the White star line folding can be blamed on Nigel Farage?
          I think you need to go back to the start of the thread: https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2660954

Still trying to find any mention of German job losses in that article, maybe you could point them out instead of trying to deflect?
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I think you need to go back to the start of the thread: https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2660954

Still trying to find any mention of German job losses in that article, maybe you could point them out instead of trying to deflect?

not deflecting, you are suggesting it has something to do with Brexit yet the story suggests otherwise.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Deutsche Bank could cut up to 20,000 jobs - BBC News

I mean this is caused by Brexit right?
              Not so much. Huge fines for mis-selling and laundering billions from Russia, and general incompetence leading to massive losses is closer to the mark.
              This is a quote from an article in 2016:
              When the European Banking Authority simulated a financial crisis based on banks’ balance sheets in June, the second worst performer was Deutsche Bank. Only Italy’s extremely troubled Monte dei Paschi di Siena came off worse.
              Link: Deutsche Bank’s potential $14bn penalty in 10 simple charts | Business | The Guardian

They haven't been in great shape for some years, and they've just posted a 2.5billion loss. They're not even trying to pin any of that on Brexit...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                Not so much. Huge fines for mis-selling and laundering billions from Russia, and general incompetence leading to massive losses is closer to the mark.
                This is a quote from an article in 2016:

Link: Deutsche Bank’s potential $14bn penalty in 10 simple charts | Business | The Guardian

They haven't been in great shape for some years, and they've just posted a 2.5billion loss. They're not even trying to pin any of that on Brexit...
                all the twats on here are, though.

situation normal..

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                  all the twats on here are, though.

situation normal..

And the cretins on here are trying to insinuate that other people are trying to blame it on Brexit when no-one actually has and they've known about these problems since before the referendum. I wonder why the thread was started in the first place, by a Brexiter as well...

Comment

cue lord hawhaw, as usual

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                      cue lord hawhaw, as usual
                      The cut backs from the German bank - which paid billions in fines and settlements after the 2008 financial crash - comes after concerns the UK economy is at a standstill.
                      Probably due to 17.4 million not very clever people in the UK of which some come into this sub-forum moaning about the very existence of it...

Comment

Working...
                      X