• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Taking back control - US president decides who should be UK ambassador to US

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    When I need my opinion validated I will ask and believe me when I say I would rather ask scoots than you. Burn.
    That’s ok. You do you.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      Time for top conspiracy theories:

And Putin is taking every last one of them up the Gary.

Comment

So let me get this right now....

We've just had a spat with our closest ally, the U.S.
        We're about to sever ties with our major trading partner, the EU.
        We're jousting with a volatile middle-eastern nuclear power with our one and only ship in the Gulf...
        We held up that Iranian tanker at Gibraltar on the premise that it violates EU (yes, please don't laugh) sanctions.

So, it begs the question : why? Why?

Comment

Originally posted by JozefBlofeld View Post
          So let me get this right now....

We've just had a spat with our closest ally, the U.S.
          We're about to sever ties with our major trading partner, the EU.
          We're jousting with a volatile middle-eastern nuclear power with our one and only ship in the Gulf...
          We held up that Iranian tanker at Gibraltar on the premise that it violates EU (yes, please don't laugh) sanctions.

So, it begs the question : why? Why?
          It's all a bit messy. The EU is keeping low key about the Iranian tanker as they don't want to upset the UK during Brexit. However, the EU have said that there is no mandate to interject Iranian oil tankers. Indeed, the Iranian news has stated outright that the tanker was interjected by order of Trump and not the EU. Just to stir up matters, Iran has two forms of government running in parallel being the elected government and the supreme-leader with his revolutionary guard. The revolutionary guard are a law unto themselves and I have no doubt they are causing trouble with the shipping in the PG; the Iranian government will never admit that they don't have control over the revolutionary guard.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            It's all a bit messy.
            When you do "understatement", you do it well...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              It's all a bit messy. The EU is keeping low key about the Iranian tanker as they don't want to upset the UK during Brexit. However, the EU have said that there is no mandate to interject Iranian oil tankers. Indeed, the Iranian news has stated outright that the tanker was interjected by order of Trump and not the EU. Just to stir up matters, Iran has two forms of government running in parallel being the elected government and the supreme-leader with his revolutionary guard. The revolutionary guard are a law unto themselves and I have no doubt they are causing trouble with the shipping in the PG; the Iranian government will never admit that they don't have control over the revolutionary guard.
              The tanker was heading to Syria, which is covered by EU sanctions. The fact that the tanker originated in Iran is somewhat irrelevant, surely?
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                The tanker was heading to Syria, which is covered by EU sanctions. The fact that the tanker originated in Iran is somewhat irrelevant, surely?
                Oi Mods! He's bringing "facts" into the discussion!
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Even more taking back control
                  US tells UK how to deal with Chinese.
                  Save

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    Even more taking back control
                    US tells UK how to deal with Chinese.
                    Save
                    It's not just the US saying that. MI6 and lots of other people who know what they're talking about are saying pretty much the same about Huawei.

Has May been bribed with a free upgrade?

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      It's not just the US saying that. MI6 and lots of other people who know what they're talking about are saying pretty much the same about Huawei.

Has May been bribed with a free upgrade?
                      MI6 are also saying do something about the Chinese or no trade deal? Looks like U.K. sovereignty is up for sale to anyone.

Comment

Working...
                      X